Refund

Gilbert17
Level 2
Penang, Malaysia

Refund

Dear All Airbnb Host,

Recently i got a cancellation. The guest get thr 50% refund as policy. But after few day she ask for more. And airbnb also send me a email, ask me to response in 3 day time.

1) if i accept then she will get more refund. No need to reply anything.

2)if i decline i need to answer why i decline and also i need to answer to airbnb as well. And airbnb will get involve.

what should i do now? 

What will happen if i no response in 3 day?

Sometime i feel airbnb not protecting us as host...

4 Replies 4
DeColby0
Level 1
New York, NY

Go to your listing and edit your policy. Set it to strict cancellation therefore the going further if the guest cancels you get to keep the funds. I also make sure I ask the potential guest to read my entire ad to prevent any confusion. I hope this helps

My policy is set to strict. But this still happen..

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Gilbert17  The guest is cancelling and therefore let Air BNB earn their fee and manage the cancellation according to your policy unless for marketing reasons you feel you want to offer some refund.  Believe me, Air BNB will not give up their fee unless there is some provable extenuating circumstance.  I don't think Air BNB is pressuring you to do anything but is just allowing you to offer a refund as many hosts will do that especially if they are able to book the dates.

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I guess you have chosen a strict policy for a reason? While booking, the guests has been able to become aware of that (he can actually filter on this as well). So I would most probably stick to my initial repsonse and decline the request. My actual response to Airbnb would be the first line I wrote.

If there is a serious reason for the guest to have cancelled, Airbnb would have decided to overrule your strict policy.