Refunding Airbnb Service Fee for Guest Cancellation

Answered!
Ashley428
Level 2
State College, PA

Refunding Airbnb Service Fee for Guest Cancellation

Hi all, 

I had a guest book today for nearly a year in advance before I realized my listing was available for those dates. I asked if they would cancel and I would refund their service fee, since I use "InstantBook" option and Airbnb doesn't refund those automatically. But when I tried to go to the Conflict Resolution Center, I get redirected to my inbox and cannot find the option to send money. I'd appreciate any help you can give! This guest was really kind, so I don't want to them to pay for my calendar mistakes. 

Thanks,

Ashley 

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ashley428  You are not going to be able to refund more than you received. You will need to do it via Venmo or PayPal. See if the guest has either of those. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

You should see a "send/request money" button under the guest's picture in the itinerary.

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Hi Lisa, 

Thanks! I have that option for every other guest, but not this one. It just has the special offer tab and says that my reservation was canceled and my calendar is now open. I'm on the help line now. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ashley428  You are not going to be able to refund more than you received. You will need to do it via Venmo or PayPal. See if the guest has either of those. 

Thanks Letti, 

I appreciate your help!