Refunding issue

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Refunding issue

Hello everyone. 
I have an issue, maybe any of you can help. Today i had guests  however they've decided not to come and also asked me to refund their money, which i didn't accept. This refusing might piss them off although they are not right. and i dont want their outrage reflects on the rewiev for my flat. Is there a way to block their rewiev regarding of they didnt stay?

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Hello @Asım0,

When did they tell you they werent coming?

You have a flexible cancelation policy. You must stick to it, I am afraid.

Loved your home btw.

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Hi Elizabeth. They had to check in the afternoon but in the evening they said are not coming. This means they can't cancel to be refunded. And so they didn't cancel their booking which give them right to review my flat. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

A no-show, non-communicating, cancelled-days-later, refund-wanting guest once wrote a revenge review here, but since all my attempts to reach out, and all her silences until her threats started were in the messaging system, Airbnb took the review down, @Asım0. She had not set foot on the property, so it made no sense that she could rate cleanliness, check-in, location, or even value. Maybe communication, but the system is not set up for one parameter. Is your conversation with the guest in the messaging system? If you are notified that the guest has written a review, call or tweet Airbnb and ask to have it taken down, since, no matter how many stars, it cannot possibly reflect the guest's experience. 

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

@Lawrene0 Thank u very much for ur advice. I think also it would be a proper way to fix this issue. Even my conversation wasn't through airbnb but somehow i'll manage it through there. 
Cheers!

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Asım0 🙂
You should have told them to cancel the reservation when they wrote to you they could not make it. Then your flexible cancelation policy would be used. Remenber it is you who have chosen "the flexible cancelation policy" and you should act after that.
You can not just refuse to pay them back but ask them to cancel and everything will automatically be handled through airbnb.
I guess I think that it is good host-etiqette to do so. I would definitely get a bad taste in my mouth if I didn't follow the cancelation policy and tried to get out of it. 
About the review if a guest never showed up and still writes a review you can ask airbnb to remove it.

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Hi  @Sandra856 
I defiently what u offered. I've asked them to cancel their booking via Airbnb but they've refused due to money loss. They expected to be refunded in total amount, this is what i've refused. I follow the cancellation by all means. 

Asım0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

edit

Claude159
Level 2
Malibu, CA

I was charged nearly $400 by Airbnb by mistake. I never booked that date instead I booked 2 days later. I see no link or phone numbers to get my money back