Refunds

Answered!
Tim315
Level 1
St. George, UT

Refunds

Is there a way to refund someone's money? They were not able to use my space because they couldn't get their two wheel drive car into our parking lot due to snow. I feel bad. They ended up renting a hotel room instead. 

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You can go to the reservation and select send or request money.  Then you enter the amount of money you wish to refund.  @Tim315  Did the guest cancel the booking?  If not, then you will be paid and you can follow the refund steps.  The refund will probably be taken out of your next payout.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You can go to the reservation and select send or request money.  Then you enter the amount of money you wish to refund.  @Tim315  Did the guest cancel the booking?  If not, then you will be paid and you can follow the refund steps.  The refund will probably be taken out of your next payout.

No the guest did not cancel the booking. 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Tim315 You can send the money through the Resolution Center or you can request they cancel on their end and you can refund once the cancellation comes through. 

hello owners

i have 1 question. i had 1 reservation and the guest cancel it. my cancelation policy is strict without 48 hours free cancelation. so this mean the owner takes 50%of the amount and the guest the other 50%if the the guest cancel the reservation.So after he cancel it 1 case manager from airbnb comunicate with me asking me if i can refund the guest for courtesy. i said no because this is my policy and because i lost another reservation from another site because this cancelation. he said ok and i will take the 50% of the amount the other day of the check in.Today surprisingly saw that the case manager without my permision refund the guest.Can i do something to get the money back? i called airbn support today and the said to me that the case manager will call me in half a hour.4 hours and still waiting...

Pam98
Level 2
Abbotsford, Canada

HELP!  I can't seem to contact AirBnB... just keep going round and round their site... I have a guest who book for 3 nights, but left after 2 because she said she found 4 spiders in the suite, and now she didn't feel safe.  I'm happy to give her back a refund for one day, but can't seem to find how to do it.  

Also.. what do you do if you think someone's reviews are bogus?  She enquired about booking the same day she arrived. I only said 'yes' because she had 5 = 5 star reviews.  After she complained, I look

ed a little closer and notice 4 of her reviews were all done inDec.2019... and only one in Dec.2020. My sense is her 'friends' gave her reviews - is that possible??  

Anyways... how can I get her a refund for the night she missed...and should i?