Relief grant

Mimi19
Level 2
Gardena, CA

Relief grant

How do a super host applies to be consider for a relief grant from Airbnb?

66 Replies 66
Sylvia208
Level 2
Mill Valley, CA

Do I need to contact Airbnb and fill out a form? I'm a bit confused as to what the host needs to do to be sure we are being considered for the grant.

I also thought that Friday the 3rd was the day to contact Airbnb, but there is no link to any type of application or questionnaire. Please enlighten me!

I’m in the same sinking boat! 

@Sylvia208 The Airbnb Relief fund for $5000 grant to superhosts is by invitation only. Airbnb chooses who they invite which is very upsetting to many of us that have been superhosts for over 5 years and still waiting for the invitation. More info here: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/answers-to-your-questions-about-the-superhost-relie...

The Small Business Administration (SBA) opened on April 3 to offer COVID-19 grants/loans to sole proprietors and self employed. I am not sure if they are still taking applications for the EIDL grant bu here's the link https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/

Additionally, on Friday APril 10 via the CARES Act small business owners (includes airbnb hosts and uber/lyft drivers) can apply through a SBA lender for the Paycheck Protection Plan. 

Hope this helps!

the airbnb grant is by airbnb contacting you first and than deciding if you are elligible

Allen217
Level 1
Weston, CT

I've been a Superhost for most of my five year tenure at airbnb, but not during the past few months.  Will I qualify?

Brooke228
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

Does anyone know how they select hosts? How do they know how what percentage of total income is airbnb?  

HAs anyone been contacted about these grants? I have looked everywhere and followed all steps. Its more frustrating to be given hope and spent hours without any support form airbnb agents. I heard that they call you now so I am not sure how they will know what the needs of each of us are? Any ideas? Thank you, 

No, I keep checking my email... 

Sabrina779
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I would like to know if there is a fund I can apply to? I have been an air bnb host for 3 years. At times I have been a super host but not currently as I reduced bookings last year due to stress. I left my job through redundancy last year, and had interviews in jan/Feb. I always believed I would have air bnb income to rely on to help me pay bills whilst seeking employment, particularly during the summer and EDINBURGH festival which has now been cancelled. I am single, unemployed and this is NOT a second home, I am looking to make ends meet. Is there any support for me? And why is it just superhosts? At times I have been a super host I have had the most bookings and income and would arguably have needed support less than I do now. Thank you.

Check with your local government. I know in the States we can apply to loan through the small business administration and we can also file for unemployment through our states.

Same question. Who are they sending applications to and how do they determine "those most in need"? I match the criteria and would like to apply. I tried calling but you can't  (easily) get  through right now

Has ANYONE gotten any information/an application/communication about the AIrbnb Superhost Relief Fund??

Please, Airbnb, let us know how to do this. How many have gotten applications for this fund, and how do we apply?

Coralie89
Level 2
Johnson City, TN

invitation only 

Ellen687
Level 2
Chester Springs, PA

Has anyone received an invite?  I saw someone mentioned their listing said they qualify.  Where do you see that?  

Breanna-and-Nijal0
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

A few people have already posted the answers, but there still seems to be some confusion surrounding the application process for the super host relief fund, so I hope this helps..

The Super Host Relief Fund is the program that will give hosts a grant of up to $5k, and is invitation only, assuming you fit the criteria. If you have not received an invitation as of today (April 9th) this is because the process doesn't start until "late April 2020".

• Only share their primary or secondary residence—no more than 2 active listings
  • Show a reliance on Airbnb as a vital source of income
  • Have a verified identity
  • Have been a Superhost for 1+ years
  • Have lost a significant percentage of their earnings due to COVID-19

This seems to target those who aren't a "business"/have under three properties.

That said, it isn't completely clear what this means for host who for example have one property, but list three separate rooms. 

It is also unclear how hosts are expected to show that they depend on the income generated by their listing(s). Based on the experiences of others, if you call to inquire about the program, it is unlikely that they will tell you anything more than what they have posted on the Airbnb website. 

The Super Host Relief Fund is NOT to be confused with the Small Business Administration (SBA) loans & grants, which you can apply for right now. 

Elizabeth370
Level 2
Asheville, NC

it actually says they will be giving out grants to those who qualify at the end of April. not applying then. i hit every single qualification and have not gotten an invitation to apply.