Removing everything?

Anja69
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Removing everything?

I will be hosting soon for the first time.

It is my flat that i myslef live in but i will be staying at my partners place.

Thw first guest are staying for just 2 nights the second for 5.

I have emptied one cuppboard..

Should i clear our everything from the fridge and the bathroom cabinet?

I will be locking all the personal belongings, should i remove all the photoframes?

Any other tips that i should really think of?

Thankful for all replies!

Anja

5 Replies 5
Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi @Anja69 need to look at very thing in terms of potential damage. As the saying goes "hope for the best, prepare for the worst." This is especially important as you will not be there to oversee the guests' behavior. If your food is there, they might use it. Your photos could be knocked over, etc. try to protect your bedding with a mattress cover. Consider putting a throw on your sofa to try to protect it. Pretend you are a drunk guest and take a look around to see what you could knock over and damage. If you have wood surfaces, cover them, leave out drink protectors. Things like this, simple precautions can save you a lot of trouble down the road.  But, most guests are great, and I'm sure you will have good luck with your Airbnb experience!

Dear Kate, 

Thank you for your reply. I am not so much worried about damage but rather if its ok for the guest?

I have nothing of value in my flat, i just want to make the guests feel comfortable and not be annoyed by my things.

I know i would not have put any of my things in the bathroom cabinet, even if it was empty. For me its so privat.

Thank you yet again for sharing your thoughts!

From Sweden with love

Anja

@Anja69Your place is stunning!!! It looks perfectly ready for guests. Leave some room in the fridge for them to store things, perhaps a shelf. Know that they will probably use your food and/or alcohol, so take what you want with you to where you are staying. Hopefully, you are charging a deposit if they break anything of value. Overall, lovely place. Hope it all goes as you wish.

Dear@Todd-and-Reese0

Thank you!

I am not sure how it works with a deposit, as i thoight you are covered through airbnb?

Otherwise i have a pretty good home incurance.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Anja69,

Welcome to the Community Centre!

I usually leave some space behind in the cupboard/fridge just in case the guests decide to buy some groceries. I do not necessarily remove photo frames and such, but I know that some people do since they might find it too personal or too fragile to leave it in their guest's presence. I have a special cupboard (showcase) with all sorts of Whisky's collected in Scotland, and I was on time to inform my guests that drinking whisky's was not included in the price! I would advise that you remove any beverages that contain alcohol from obvious places since guests might sometimes think they can take a little sip from it 😉

I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen