Requesting Money

George93
Level 2
Tonbridge, United Kingdom

Requesting Money

I often have to make additional requests for extra services for guests. These are for Visitor's Parking Permits. But one can only make an additional request for money for extra services once the guest has fully paid for their booking. This is causing great inconvenience for me and I am worried that I may miss booking the permits for those guests as they often are fully paid only weeks after booking. 

I cannot understand why the Airbnb does not allow one to make additional requests for extra services as soon as the guests have booked. They can always decline and the payment could be made at a later stage. I have spoken to Airbnb about this issue on numerous occasions and they always say that the system does not allow it. I think a simple amendment to the system should be possible to enable this.

George

3 Replies 3

Hello George93 - Unfortunately I can't help you, but I agree. I was told by Airbnb that one way to add our event fee would be after the reservation is made, but now that I try to do that I get the message about not being able to "because this reservation is not fully paid." Since it's nearly impossible to get a clear answer from Airbnb, what is your experience on when the reservation IS fully paid? Is it a few days after everything is processed by the banks? Is it at the time of check-in when we get our payout (which is already a crock that Airbnb holds that money for a year or more -- Vrbo doesn't.) Or is it somewhere in between? I can't wait until the cancellation period ends or at time of check-in (what if they have their event and then refuse to pay??). I've tried adding it different ways, but then the pricing gets weird ... so it seems like the best way would be by requesting money for "extra services" but I don't know how/when I can successfully do this since we are new to Airbnb. Most of our reservations are for at least a year out (and they have weddings here), so it will be quite a hassle if we have to keep track of when to request this money in the future instead of being able to do it immediately after a reservation is made. Thanks for any advice you (or others) can give! Happy to try a different way, too, but like I said, so far when I've tried that nothing has worked.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Karen1865 @George93 

Indeed it is very annoying to not be able to request funds via the resolution centre until the guest has fully paid their reservation.

Guests can pay in full at the time of booking, or split the full amount over 2 payments- it's this split payment option that causes the problem!

I usually message the guest I am making the request from to find out when their second payment is due, and then make the request after that date, no problems.

Paul.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If I can't do it  straight away I usually forget to do it at all. Guests sometimes remind me. It is an annoying feature