Reservation request made by an Airbnb account holder for other(s)

Marie58
Level 2
Washington, DC

Reservation request made by an Airbnb account holder for other(s)

We recently received a reservation request from an Airbnb member (guest) with verified ID and a good review.  However, they are making the reservation for their daughter and her college room mate.  The person making the request is not coming here.  Is this allowed by Airbnb?  Is it okay to make a reservation for someone other than yourself?  Also, the daughter and room mate are un-named, so we don't have a verified ID or any past reviews to consider.

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

The daughter needs to set up her own profile. If the mother sends her the invite, they will both get a travel credit for the first booked trip. Win-win.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Marie58, third-party reservations are not allowed. I have to admit that I let one slip through a year ago because it was a well-reviewed mum booking for her 21-year-old daughter, and I didn't know better, and didn't look it up in Help. (I didn't think I needed help. You are clearly wiser already for asking.) All went very well. But I know now that I should have asked the daughter to create her own account. It would have been better for me, and also for her, since the nice review I wrote for her is on her mum's profile, not hers. 

Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

you wont be covered if something happens