Reviews

Gina109
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Reviews

I would like you to advise me in a matter of a potential review from a guest who never showed up. He didn' t cancel his booking. I received my money by paypal, but I have a concern that he might wright a bad review because I didn't agree to make a refund negociation with him. The check out time should be yesterday (Saturday the 20th of May). Is there a way not to allow him a potential review? Thank you in advance, Gina.

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Gina109  If the booking was not cancelled the system does not know he did not show up I would think.  Therefore both of you might get a prompt to write a review but if you haven't by now, perhaps he has contacted Air BNB asking for a refund.  I hope your communication was within the Air BNB messaging system so Air BNB can see the guest's attempt to get a refund from you and your response.  

Dear Linda, thank you very much for your super-quick response and your comforting words. Indeed, communication between the "guest" and me was within Airbnb platform. Although the allusion in negotiating refunds was made by phone; a temporary cell phone number he got only for his trip here in Greece. We talked from the phone twice, just to ask him why he hadn't arrive earlier and if anything occured to him, and the second time just to inform me he would accommodate to some friends of his in a village near my place and would'nt need my studio.

Thank you again 🙂

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

A guest who doesn't actually stay at your place can't leave a review.

Well, technically, he CAN leave a review because he'll still get the automated message to leave a review, but doing so violates their content policy. Since the guest has no "personal experience" staying in your place, you should be able to have a review removed if he does complete it.

See the section about reviews here:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/what-is-airbnb-s-content-policy

Thank you Allison for your regard about my issue! I messaged Airbnbhelp on Twitter and they are taking care of my case. A level10 person (or executive) on behalf Airbnb, told me that he was in touch with the "guest" and probably solved the problem, so I hope the "guest" won't leave any review. In addition I was told that I will receive an email from Airbnb with couple advices and suggestions. 

I really thank you 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Gina109

Did you notify Airbnb that the guest didn't stay. If not give them a call so they can mark the booking as such so the guest won't be able to leave a review.

Even if you speak to a guest by phone, always follow up with a message on Airbnb to summarise the conversation.

Thank you @Helen3 for your advice. Yes, I've notified Airbnb via Twitter and they responded me by phone. We are in touch with Airbnb and that is very redemptive. Thank you for telling me about messaging with all guests through Airbnb platform! I think that's the best thing to do. Fortunately, we did message with the "guest" in chating on Airbnb platform and so they can see the hole conversation 🙂

Ann224
Level 1
Milton-under-Wychwood, United Kingdom

How can I get my latest client review translated into English?

thank you 

Ann **

[address hidden]