Room for additional guests - how to describe in listing and how search engine works

Room for additional guests - how to describe in listing and how search engine works

Hi

I have a 2 bedroom apartment (each with queen double beds) with an extra room which can be fitted with airmattresses/rollaway beds to sleep one or two additional guests.

>How should this be described in listing to ensure "Search" picks up all guests searching for accommodation for 4 to 6 guests (my target market). Should the apartment be listed for 6 guests or 4 guests to achieve maximum exposure? If the apartment is listed for 6 guests, will it show up if someone is looking for accommodation for 4 guests?

>Also, how many beds should I list - the 2 queens only or also airmattress/rollaway beds for the spare room.

Many thanks for any thoughts on this...

1 Reply 1
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Arthur7 If you list it as accommodating 6, it will show up in searches for any number from 1 up to 6 people. It will not be seen by searches for 7 or more. Under "Basics", "Bed Details", be very clear what type of beds there are in all the rooms and you should have no problem with misunderstandings. To be clear, you can also explore this further in your messages back & forth with potential guests. Best of luck with your listing! I hope that helps - Karen