Rule-set options not on calendar anymore

Answered!
Celia185
Level 2
Austin, TX

Rule-set options not on calendar anymore

I typically have several rule-sets for different days of the week and seasons for minimum night stays, which I update frequently as bookings come along. Now on the calendar view, if I click a date and the right-hand window opens up, the "Rule-Set" option is not there anymore.

Does anyone know where it's gone or how to get it back?

1 Best Answer
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Celia185  I just checked using my desktop and launched Airbnb. I still see rule sets displayed correctly.

Could you check if you still have professional tool option checked in your account setting?

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Celia185  I just checked using my desktop and launched Airbnb. I still see rule sets displayed correctly.

Could you check if you still have professional tool option checked in your account setting?

Huh, I checked in my settings and "professional tools" wasn't on, I turned it on and now the rule-sets are back! Thank you!

Robert1481
Level 2
Eagle, ID

@catherinepowell

Hi all.  So I'm a bit late to this party, but recently decided to implement the "new" calendar rule-set feature.  Upon creating a new rule and applying it, I initially saw no visible change to my airbnb calendar, however, there was a text note for the days selected that suggested the "rule" was in place.  Upon logging out and then back in, the price changes in my rule became visible, however the color code still did not show up.  Called customer service and was told that the color was visible on their end...I sent in screen shots of what I see on my computer screen (i.e., us poor little host's end who actually make this whole thing work...see attached images below).  

Today I heard back from customer (dis)service that since the color appears to work A-OK on the software team's internal system, it's not considered a bug that needs fixing.  I was very politely being told to go find some sand and pound away at it until I felt better.  Ha...ain't that rich?  So much for "...the customer is always right"!

Note:  red lines below added just for emphasis...you'll see that for Feb 17-20 there is a price change, but still NO color highlight on my actual calendar.  Sure...I can handle not having the pretty visual indicator, but if you're told it's an option, shouldn't it ACTUALLY work?

calendar_chrome-5-rule settings in use.PNGcalendar_chrome-3-full year view.PNG

@Robert1481 The color coding does not show up on the individual listing calendar but they do show up on the Multi-calendar: https://www.airbnb.com/multicalendar

Hi Emilia,

Yes, now I see this, and THANK YOU.  I have to wonder, though, how difficult would it have been for the airbnb support team to have seen my comments and addressed my issue the way you just did.  Three cheers for you!!!  Thank you again!!!calendar_summary view.PNG

@Robert1481 It doesn't seem at all difficult but it is very common. Customer Support gives all kinds of wrong and inconsistent "answers."  It is very frustrating.

@Emilia42Thanks so much as I was struggling with the same question!!

You just need to select the proper settings and update the calendar accordingly. 

Jason Morton
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robert1481 "how difficult would it have been for the airbnb support team to have seen my comments and addressed my issue the way you just did. "

The "Airbnb support team" doesn't monitor these forums or answer posts here. This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests. 

And the reality is that other hosts  can advise and explain things much more concisely and easily than Airbnb support staff, who seem to be hired for their ability to talk in circles without giving you the simple explanation you were looking for and simply making you more confused.

The moderators here on the forum are not Airbnb support. Their role is just to keep the forum running smoothly. But they are kind enough to ping things over to Airbnb support for hosts with issues they haven't been able to resolve.