Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

SCAMS to watch out for

SCAMS to watch out for

This is a current AirBnB member to watch out for and a perfect example of a request that sends up RED FLAGS and is ASSURED that it's a scammer:

Angels’s inquiry Yesterday at 5:58 PM
Message from Angels

"Hi there i am interested desperate need of some place to go for my mom .my kids and i for the holiday.. this year has been filled with nothing but heart ache and trajedy. In march we lost my husband whom i had been w since i was 12 j am 43 so over (URL HIDDEN) life in a matter of minutes our whole world was gone..he died to save me and trying to save our home.. the only home our kids have ever known.. now left without him 3 kids and no home.. and no income.. was a very hard way to live.. it's been so hard being homeless and broken to your core. My dad saved my daughter and i from ourselfz. we go to Rochester for his Drs for past couple years after my husband passed my dad started having my daughter and i go with hjn every 7-10 days. So we weren't sitting there drowning in grief. Saving us. In November right before Thanksgiving my dad got very sick my mom was in Sioux City hospital when my dad got taken to Rochester by ambulance she checked herself out and her and my sister who has been living in. Nursing home for a while due to her selfinflicted health issues after her gastric bypass surgery went to Rochester i was coming up the day after. The day i was on the way up there i get a call. My mom tells me my sister died in the hotel room in her sleep. Like what. A few days later my dad died the week of Thanksgiving we had a wake ..a funeral a wake a funeral. Four days straight .. it opened up the hurt wound of losing their dad and my husband . Like u wouldn't believe we just got to where we could not feel like we are on display if we go to the store. Well nowwe can't even go to dollar general wit out someone Makin us cry..my dad was a city council member for 25 years a sac county emt for 38 and prominent buisnesd owner we were gonna cancel xmas but kids know dad would be so.mad if we did. So they decided yesterday we shuld just not be here. It's to hard on mom and i and them we need to just go somewhere and heal as a family. I love this house"
Yesterday at 5:58 PM (December 18, 2017)
So what can the HOST do about this? Do all Hosts a favor and list all scammers here. Block the scammer both on AirBnB and your cell phone and add to this SCAM list of fake AirBnB members to assist other Hosts from being scammed.
You will get a notice on your dashboard messages like this:

You blocked Angels
They’ll no longer be able to message you. They also won’t be able to do things like send you a reservation request or accept requests from you.

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Definitely odd, you can flag the listing, not sure anything happens, and looks like you have blocked the account so I would leave it at that.

David