SUPERHOST algorithms need a complete overhaul!

Carrolynne0
Level 2
La Quinta, CA

SUPERHOST algorithms need a complete overhaul!

Frustration!!

I just got off the phone with customer service who’s standard reply is, “let me look into that and get back to you!”.....my Superhost status is supposedly being revoked July 1st since their inaccurate algorithm says I went from 80% guests reviewed to 11% which is a complete system error which customer service acknowledged but he refused to manually fix it even though he indicated he could...why I ask would you do that???

I’ve called, emailed so many times about algorithms and the reply is always the same. I guess Airbnb is so profitable that they can afford a loss or two...we are seriously reconsidering whether we want to continue hosting.....not worth the stress and poor treatment!

3 Replies 3
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Carrolynne0  This has happened to numerous people, so it is a systemwide glitch. I wouldn't worry about this at all; nor would I bother with calling CS folks since they don't have a clue about the system.

EDITED TO ADD: Here is a thread that should convince you that you are NOT alone: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Incorrect-progress-reporting-by-AirBnB/m-p/1061315

Thanks Susan for the info!

I don’t doubt that I’m alone...sad to say....sort of defeats all the effort and hoops that Airbnb requires hosts to jump through/achieve to be a superhost!

@Carrolynne0 wrote:

Thanks Susan for the info!

I don’t doubt that I’m alone...sad to say....sort of defeats all the effort and hoops that Airbnb requires hosts to jump through/achieve to be a superhost!

Except it isn't real.