Saved Messages Disappeared

Answered!
Tara74
Level 2
Alpine, WY

Saved Messages Disappeared

Any other hosts recently experienced their saved messages disappearing from mobile site? I have rewritten and saved new ones, only to have those vanish too... 

Super frustrating as I religiously use the saved message feature for so much of my conversations with guests and have spent a lot of time crafting them!

I feel really comfortable with the app in general and have been using for years...

It’s a great feature; just wondering if I’m alone here?

Thanks for any feedback,

Tara

1 Best Answer
Tara74
Level 2
Alpine, WY

Hooray! Just downloaded latest update for iOS and ALL saved messages are back!! Let’s hope that snafu doesn’t happen again~
Thanks fellow hosts for reaching out to report this issue; and thanks to Airbnb for the resolution!

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Eric-and-Jason0
Level 1
Cincinnati, OH

Yes, all my saved messages have also disappeared as of yesterday. So frustrating!

Hanna24
Level 1
Mariposa, CA

All of mine have as well! For the last 3 weeks I cannot save new ones either, it just disappears again! Any help is appreciated. 

Tara74
Level 2
Alpine, WY

Thanks for the reassurance that it’s not just me!

I did use “report bug” feature; maybe helpful if other users having the same issue would also report this bug? 
Would be nice to have this resolved ASAP!

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

All my saved messages on the app (iOS) for my phone and tablet are gone. They are still there on the web. I've sent a note to Airbnb Help via Twitter. They seem to be unaware of the problem. 

I noticed the problem 3 days ago, which coincided with an app update. 

Who ever marked this as resolved needs to unmark it! 

Airbnb rarely, if ever, admits there is a problem.  

Drives me nuts. 

Anthony103
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Same here!! 12/4/19

UGH!

Anthony103
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I see there is a note below the original post that this has been resolved. ????

I don't see the answer to this problem.

Tara74
Level 2
Alpine, WY

Yep, that was me... hit the wrong button! Sorry for the confusion, have now marked as not the solution~
Tara

Susan-and-Thomas0
Level 3
South Padre Island, TX

Mine, too!  Thankfully, they are on my laptop, but I use the APP 99% of the time. .  I noticed it about 4 or 5 days ago (today is 12/6/2019) and thought I had done something wrong, but then could not get them to re-save.  I submitted on the "report bug" feature, too.  AirBNB please fix ASAP.

Susan-and-Thomas0
Level 3
South Padre Island, TX

FYI....I contacted AirBNB support just a few minutes ago.

Here is their response:

I am sorry you are having this trouble and I apologize for this.
I can confirm this is a widespread issue right now. The Technical Support team is aware of this and is working on it, this will be fixed with the next update but unfortunately we don’t have a timeframe to share with you. Please rest assured that the Team is working hard to restore the “saved messages”.

My saved responses disappeared after the update on December 2. I phoned AirBnB and was given a non-helpful reply to my panic. I called again two days later, on the fifth and was told it was a system problem, they were working on it and to watch for updates to repair the issue. There has been  an update twice in the last three days....neither of them fix the problem. Now even the little saved. response icon in the messaging system is gone! I have not checked my computer yet to see if they have disappeared from there also. Yikes! Not sure I can work this way.

Joe457
Level 2
San Dimas, CA

Having the same issue.  I just called and she told me this is the first they have heard about this.  Lol. 

Glad it was not just me. I tried everything, deleted app, reinstalled it. Logged out and log back in again. They do appear on my computer but not on iOS.

Tara74
Level 2
Alpine, WY

Hooray! Just downloaded latest update for iOS and ALL saved messages are back!! Let’s hope that snafu doesn’t happen again~
Thanks fellow hosts for reaching out to report this issue; and thanks to Airbnb for the resolution!