Scammers using fake Airbnb links

Mata1
Level 1
Thailand

Scammers using fake Airbnb links

Someone is using Airbnb as a payment gateway for a rented flat?

Email quoted here.

Beware...

Thank you for your reply again,

As i said because I'm in United Kingdom I will make this rental through Airbnb services ( www.airbnb.com ) . They will handle for us everything

Like I have informed you before, you need to pay 1 month of rent + 1 month of warranty ($1,200 + $1,200 = $2,400), but that month of warranty you will receive back after you finish the contract or you can pay one month of rent so you will have 2 months paid.

The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. The rent will be paid monthly, to my bank account and the utility bills are paid directly from my bank account.

The transaction will be done only through Airbnb system, so the transaction will be 100% secured for both. That is how their buyer protection policy works. As soon as you will book the apartment it will be reserved for you, once you confirm the deposit with airbnb you will get the contract and keys. You will sign the contract only after you will see the apartment not before, in case is not what you want the agent from airbnb that assist you to sign the contract will give you the deposit back but i'm sure this will not be the case.

If everything is ok, please email me with your full name so i know who you are and send you the link where you can book the apartment from airbnb.
I look forward to your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank you

Holly

[Personal information hidden]

8 Replies 8
Benny14
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I knew it was too good to be true. Glad a google search lead me to this posting. Here is the response I got.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest. I am happy to let you know that my apartment is available for a long and  short term period. It has all the appliances, the features and utilities included in the rent price($1,200). The deposit is also $1,200 but you will get it back when you decide to leave the apartment or you can pay another month so you will have 2 months paid.

The apartment is fully furnished with all necessary amenities (exactly like in the pics). It has dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer. There are two parking spots, a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don't like it and you want to use your furniture). Pets allowed.

I am Holly [Personal information hidden], from United Kingdom the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry .
I bought this apartment for retirement and as an inve stment.

Since I am in United Kingdom, I found a way to rent my apartment safely and fast, and in this way will be easy and secure for both of us. The solution is provided by a company called Airbnb (the biggest company in the world in real estate and vacations) in this domain, which will handle the payment and delivery the keys. But this won't affect you at all.This arrangements will be on my expense.

Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the apartment, and for how long.

All the best from United Kingdom
Holly
Leo83
Level 1
Florianópolis, Brazil

she send me the exact same thing. I'm glad someone wrote down this review about her. now they're also posting at apartments.com 

Yep, it's absolutely a scam. She sent me the same email below. Better watch out. Her email is [Email hidden]

Thank you for your reply again,

As i said because I'm in United Kingdom I will make this rental through Airbnb services ( www.airbnb.com ) . They will handle for us everything

Like I have informed you before, you need to pay 1 month of rent + 1 month of warranty ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000), but that month of warranty you will receive back after you finish the contract or you can pay one month of rent so you will have 2 months paid.

The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for. The rent will be paid monthly, to my bank account and the utility bills are paid directly from my bank account.

The transaction will be done only through Airbnb system, so the transaction will be 100% secured for both. That is how their buyer protection policy works. As soon as you will book the apartment it will be reserved for you, once you confirm the deposit with airbnb you will get the contract and keys. You will sign the contract only after you will see the apartment not before, in case is not what you want the agent from airbnb that assist you to sign the contract will give you the deposit back but i'm sure this will not be the case.

If everything is ok, please email me with  your full name so i know who you are and send you the link where you can book the apartment from airbnb.
I look forward to your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank you

@Natalie162 You can do something positive by reporting the gmail user by filling in the form below

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse

Of course they can start again, but it disrupts their activities 

Tam2
Level 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

She sent me the exact same email. This is her son account 

Account holder:[Personal information hidden]

Iban:[Personal information hidden]

Bank name:[Personal information hidden]

swift:[Personal information hidden]

Sort cod:[Personal information hidden]

Account no: [Personal information hidden]

Bank address: [Personal information hidden]

Got the same email from her. Thanks god I do Google search to this forum.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Mata

What would be outstanding

if we could mobilise 20,000 people to send an email to them and clog up there in box

Regards

Cormac

ECK III

Brilliant idea, @Cormac0!