Security deposit queries

Keith-And-Jane0
Level 1
United States

Security deposit queries

Hi

I have just listed our holiday cottage with airbandb but have some queries about how the security deposit is returned once guests leave and what process there is for confirming all is left well at the cottage. I cant find answers and would like to contact them ideally by telephone but otherwise email would be ok.  I cant find any contact details anywhere and just keep going around the webiste with no luck.  I am now worried that if I had a problem with a booking that I wouldnt have any back up!  I see that others have similiar issues and that is a concern for me.  I hope someone can help, thankyou

4 Replies 4
Laura259
Level 2
Watkinsville, GA

Hi,

I am a new host.  Only hosted one time for 3 months.

My understanding of the security deposit is that you have 48 hours after their check-out to report if there is anything wrong.  How you are supposed to report it, i do not know.

After MUCH sleuthing, i found this number for AirBnB customer service.  415-800-5959.  I haven't tried calling it yet, so I hope it helps you.

Have a great day!

Laura Leiden, mountain house in Sautee GA

Airbnb is easiest to contact through twitter.  Airbnbhelp.  They assisted a guest of ours that booked with us for the end of the month, he's new & went through getting verified & it still wouldn't let him book. He lost out on 2 of the nights he wanted, I took a sure booking, not knowing if he was a flake or not! On twitter they responded within a few minutes, followed up with a phone call to me less than an hour later after all was resolved.  And 2 email follow ups to make sure all was well!  WOW!

If you need detailed directions for twitter (like I did!), I can copy & paste the great directions by Gerry & Rashid, very informative & helpful experienced hosts!  Good Luck & happy hosting!

And the security deposit is only charged IF you have damage & REPORT it within 48 hours.  No need to "refund" it.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The process for confirming all is well at the cottage is up to you. You either need to check or have someone do so for you. As mentioned, you have 48 hours within which to make a claim against a security deposit. If it's outside that timeframe you will find it close to impossible to do so.