Sending a booking request to a previous guest

Sarah1036
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Sending a booking request to a previous guest

Hi there, 

I have a previous guest who would like to make a further booking. He asked me to send him a booking request. I don't have an enquiry through AirBnB from him so the message chain is all to do with a prior booking that has been completed. That means that if I go into the message chain, there is no option to send a Special Offer. Is there a way that I can send him an invitation to book specific dates at a defined price or do I need him to send me an enquiry for the particular dates first? 

Any guidance much appreciated. 

Thanks

Sarah 

3 Replies 3
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Sarah1036. Go into his last messages in the inbox, and recount the phone/email conversation. YOU MUST HAVE DOCUMENTATION for your security.

Ask him to document/ confirm the dates (check in and check out) that he wishes to have for his future return stay. 

Once you hear back from him via Airbnb, you can ask for a request for dates from him, or send a special offer.

Although this is unlikely, just be careful, as he may want to return, but may not be wanting to include Airbnb for the service fees. Doing so would break Airbnb TOS. (If he contacts you outside Airbnb again, that might be his intention). In that case, you just state that you only take bookings via the rental platform.

[Just yesterday I received a returning guest’s query for dates that are currently closed across my calendar. I can open them up for his family etc for him to go in and accept.] I will notify him when this happens

7F46F8BF-262F-4979-885A-49765FD1E708.jpeg

Sarah1036
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thank you Cathie. That is very kind of you to reply and very helpful. This is all being done through AirBnB so definitely no question of it being done privately. I have messaged him to ask if he can send me an enquiry for the specific dates and then I can take it from there. Thanks again for your help. Kind regards, Sarah 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah1036

It is a little strange for the guest to ask you to send him a request to book, when he knows he can easily just send you a request to book.

I agree just ask him to make a booking in the usual way.