Service animals

Jenny1077
Level 2
Borrego Springs, CA

Service animals

I have a strick no animals policy. Person booked and did not tell me he has a service animal. What do I do?

16 Replies 16
Sandra858
Level 2
Jasper, Canada

I have had a booking confirmed and they have indicated a Service Animal is coming. I’m in Alberta, Canada. I have asked the guests in the adjoining suite if this is an issue for them, I’ve asked the guest to confirm the Service Animal status. I checked the guests profile and have reached out to previous hosts to see if the Dog was included in international trips. It seems that if a true Service Animal that it would have been, if not then I think it might be cheaper for them to bring the pooch than to Kennel it.

It seems to be the week of difficult reservations, this on the heels of a request to book with a 99 year old woman and her son, when offered an accessible shower - turned it down!

Interested in some input here.

Thanks

Sandra

Todd362
Level 1
Elmhurst, IL

I’ll be leaving AirBnB over this and many other issues this year. 

VRBO / HomeAway are way better platforms - they charge less, are helpful to owners, answer the phone in a timely manner, etc, etc, etc.

Policy on service animals is ridiculous.  Time will tell. I’ll be long gone by the time they fix this.  Oh and all my annoying, chiseling, can I come early, can I stay late, sorry I left a huge mess, sorry the police were called tenants have one thing in common:  they didn’t come from VRBO, they came from AirBnB!!!!!

It’s going to be such a great break up. I can’t wait!!!!