Sets of towels

Pia17
Level 1
Sterling, VA

Sets of towels

I am quite new to hosting. I would like to know how many sets of towels do you leave for guests who stay for a week or more?

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pia17....Every guest is different, some will think it's like a hotel and a new set of towels will appear every day, others (in fact most) are happy with the same towels for 3 or 4 days.

We provide three complete sets, and virtually all overnights and two night stays will only use one set. For a week stay I will ask after 5 days how the towel supply is going and in 95% of cases they will say, fine!

You will assess as you go along but I would say start with a minimum of two sets and see where it goes from there!

If you want some degree of certainty you can explain in your house rules that for longer stays guest towels will be changed after 3 nights...If they are not happy with that, they will let you know.

Cheers.....Rob

What is a set?  I leave a wash cloth, hand towel and two bath towels per person.  Every woman needs at least two towels..one for hair and one for body.   There are extras stored in closet...no one has abused anything yet.

Actually, one guest left them soaked and then I found out that a seal in my shower head had broken and water was shooting sidewise thru the polyester curtain onto the floor.  Why dont they tell me when something is not functioning!

Peggy34
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Hi Pia

I leave one set of clean towels out but there is another set they can get from the linen closet it the space. I have my cleaning lady go up and was and change all the linens if a person is here longer than one week.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Pia17,

Welcome to the Community Center.

Great to see your question regarding towels and you already have some tips from experienced hosts here. 🙂 I also think it is useful to think how many you would expect if you went to stay at a listing and think of yourself as the guest. 

Just to add, as your post was part of another discussion, to make it easier to follow and to find your question in the future I have made it into a new topic here in the New Hosts board. I hope this fine with you.

What are you thinking about your towel now?

Lizzie

@Peggy34@Amy38@Robin4

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Wow! I am very impressed with the Airbnb community. Everybody was so helpful. I've got a lot of good suggestions. In fact, I spent most of the afternoon buying more items (sets of towels, big bottles of shampoos and conditioners, snacks) for my place. Thank you so much!❤️❤️❤️