Setting up PayPal account from SA

Gareth-And-Wendy0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Setting up PayPal account from SA

I am a new host in CT. Please can you assist me in how to set up a PayPal account from SA. I have almost set it up but get stuck when they (PayPal.com) require a US based bank account. My conclusion was that my only option to receive payouts is via Bank Transfer (Payoneer). Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

We have our first guest arriving tomorrow.

Kind regards

Gareth ***

Cape Town

**[Title Updated]

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gareth-And-Wendy0,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. I hope you don't mind, I have made your question into a new topic here as I think it will get lost among the thread you originally posted it in. 🙂

In terms of your question, to add a payment method you can go to your Airbnb account > Payout Preferences on the left > Click Add Payout Method and enter your address to see the payout options available to you.

As different payment methods and curriencies differ by country, you will see the methods available in your area appear. 

This Help Center article has more details on the different options, which may be helpful to you. 

Also, are there any other hosts who might be able provide some more information on this? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Gregory85
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Howzit man. I can speak for FNB at least. Because of exchange controls you need to apply for paypal through the bank, which involves filling in a form. Then they get it done. They actually cancelled my original paypal account so that I would be forced to do that