Shelby Reviews

Judy524
Level 1
Barnstable, MA

Shelby Reviews

Hello, I just got s request from a Shelby for 10/4-10/6/19 AND I am not getting her profile, reviews etc. This is the 2nd time it’s happened. Can you send me his/her profile & reviews? TY Judy 🙂

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Judy524   I don't think you meant to post your question on a public host/guest discussion forum.  As a SH, you should have the contact number  to call.  Just thought you should know.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Judy524, you are likely not seeing Shelby's profile because she doesn't have one. She may not have any reviews (yet) and users are not required to write up any type of profile information. I get bookings from 'blank' profiles all the time. Unfortunately, that is Airbnb.

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 5.57.33 PM.png

You could ask Shelby to spend a moment and fill in a little bit about herself on her profile before you accept her request. Or you could use your judgement based on the communication you have with her whether or not you want to confirm her booking.

If she has no profile, I would decline. This may be the case of that stupid STUPID Airbnb policy of not showing profiles of guests before they are accepted. But honestly - we aren't commercial hotels. If people are staying in our homes, we should know who they are.

Can't Airbnb hire staff to make policy that has some life experience?

But in this case - if she wants to book and can't tell you who she is, then just turn her down. Life is too short to make unsafe decisions like that.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I am able to see the profile and the reviews of all guests when they send an Inquiry or Booking Request. If it's just their name and the year they joined, it means they haven't bothered to write anything on their profile, and they have no reviews. If they do have those things, they are visible.