Should I not Recommend Guest on Evaluation

Willow0
Level 1
Bloomington, IN

Should I not Recommend Guest on Evaluation

I recently had a guest who had dogs. My Airbnb is dog friendly.  There  was a blanket full of muddy stains. A window blind was damaged and the curtain was damaged. They disregarded  house rules to keep dogs off linens and also not to use Washing Machine or Dryer. 

I plan on asking for payment for replacement charges. Fellow

airbn hosts- would you check “Not Recommend as a Guest” on Evaluation? 

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Willow0 

I would use the resolution center and file a damage claim for curtains and window blinds. I hope your blanket is washable and muddy stains will not stay.

Every decent guest would inform you about the damage and offer to pay for a replacement and your work. If they didn't, mean they are not good guests and you should review them honestly.

Remember - you have only 14 days to file a claim or before your next guest arrives. Include photos of damaged items, receipts if you have one and a link to the same product online.

Thank you for your input.

I did turn in a claim. The guest stated they did not damage anything. 

They had an attitude yet agreed to pay the requested  amount. I have had interior damage by other Guest’s dogs who also stated they did the damage anything. I have Allowed dogs at my Airbnb for the past 3 years. The majority of Guest’s have treated my home with Respect.  I just changed my listing to “No Dog’s-pets Yesterday. It is not worth the Stress. The Main Reason I have an Airbnb is because I enjoy it.