Someone who wants to change a booking

Answered!

Someone who wants to change a booking

Hi, we are new to Airbnb.  We live in a small rural town that booms during the ski winter season.  Our first booking has just said she can only come for one night instead of two.  We have a two night minimum stay on our listing.  She wants to just come for one night now but it is in the middle of the school holidays that is our peak two weeks in the year.  Should we let her just have the one night or stick to our two night minimum stay?

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lydia161 I agree with the others she only wanted one night to begin with. Stick to your 2 night minimum and let her cancel. Do not cancel this yourself and DECLINE any messaging you get reguarding canceling as it's a loophole that puts the cancellation on you and gives the guest all their fee's and money back.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Lydia161 guests are very crafty little critters, she probably only wanted one night in the first place.

Stick to your 2 night minimum.

Thanks Jeff, really appreciate that. 🙂

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Lydia161.

**** Stick to your two night minimum stay.

Get your photos online ASAP. Even if they are captioned, currently being renovated....

- You have the same level of washing and cleaning, for one night as two.

- You can get different clientele for one nighters.

- First rule of hosting is to set your personal guidelines and then stick to them.

- You break your rules, then don’t expect someone to upkeep them! 

🙂

Cathie

Thank you Cathie, thats very helpful. 🙂

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Lydia161 I agree with the others she only wanted one night to begin with. Stick to your 2 night minimum and let her cancel. Do not cancel this yourself and DECLINE any messaging you get reguarding canceling as it's a loophole that puts the cancellation on you and gives the guest all their fee's and money back.

Thank you Letitia, I really appreciate you telling me all that.  It definitely is a learning process.  🙂

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all of your comments.  It is extremely helpful. 🙂