Star and Archive Buttons

Star and Archive Buttons

Hey Guys, what are the Star and Archive buttons that appear when you hover over the right hand side of a message used for?

5 Replies 5
Louise47
Level 10
Maroochydore, Australia

I want to know that as well

Holly35
Level 2
Goleta, CA

Once you start hosting frequently you may discover your inbox gets cluttered by conversations that you no longer wish to see but want to keep for some reason (like maybe you have a policy to offer a discount to repeat customers you liked, or want to send coupons to entice people to come again during a slow season?). Whatever your reason, you can archive the old messages so they don't clutter up your current reservations conversations.

I star certain messages if there is something I want to remind myself about in a conversation. For instance, if a guest is allergic to gluten I star the conversation to remind myself that I need something other than the bagels I usually put out for breakfast. Or if they are arriving at an odd time, had an unusual request, etc. Just makes things easier to find. 

I am actually unable to get those buttons, they seem to have disappeared from the webpage I can see. It is rather frustrating! My inbox is cluttered and I would like to remove some of the past guests so I can easily find my current guests I need to focus on. I attempted to search in the help section, but overall I have found the Airbnb help section to be largely unhelpful. 

Did you find out where the archive button is? Can you archive declined reservations? Thank you.

Hi Pat (your link is invalid so hopefully you will check back and see this). 

You have to go to your inbox and hover the mouse over the message and the star and archive will show in the right column.

Lisa

tHANK YOU i WILL TRY THAT