Stopped getting booking notifications by email

Niel3
Level 10
Llanberis, United Kingdom

Stopped getting booking notifications by email

Not sure if anynone else has experienced something similar and been able to resolve it but for some reason I have stopped getting some notification emails: I am no longer getting the ones that notify me that a guest has booked one of my listings and also the notifications regarding 'please leave a review for guest' and that a guest has left a review for me.

I am receiving all other types of notification by email fine from the site so it is not an issue with my spam/email filters. I have checked my notification settings in my account and everything is 'turned on' for email.

However I am also receiving booking notifications as alerts to my phone fine so they are being sent out that way at least but as I keep my records in my email client on my PC it's a pain no longer having booking emails to refer to there. This seems to have started ever since AirBNB had that server outage the other day  so I am not sure if it is linked.

2 Replies 2
Barbara137
Level 1
Golden, CO

I don't get email notifications either.  I had planned to do some repairs on my home in August, but when I went on my calendar to block those dates, I was surprised to see that they had already been reserved.  So now I know I need to check my calendar daily.  I had another reservation come in for August, but, in this case, the guest sent me a message.  I did get that email.

Niel3
Level 10
Llanberis, United Kingdom

I changed my registered email address here to a gmail email address and it's been fine since. Before that I had my own domain's email address and also tried another owned email address, it seems my webhosting company is filtering our AirBNB emails as spam at top level because one of the AirBNB email addresses has been flagged as a source of spam with SpamHaus which a lot of webhosting companies use as a top level spam filter.