Super host Suspended with no Explanation

Joseph752
Level 2
Houston, TX

Super host Suspended with no Explanation

Went to check my calendar the other day and see that my listing was suspended. Checked other listings and suspended as well!

I haven’t had an issue with any guests, nearly 5.0 ratings on all listings, and did not violate any policies!

Have called support twice and they cannot explain and can only escalate. It is frustrating because I never received any notification that my account is suspended or reasoning why!

When trying to contact by Chat, my case is immediately closed without any response whatsoever. 

This down time is preventing potential guests from booking. Anyone else know whats going on here?!

21 Replies 21

I have to apologize to Airbnb for one detail of my complaint at the manner of their response.  I think that my third complaint was not ignored or vaporized but shifted to a different section of my "message" board.  I have found it and it is not cursory or vindictive or somewhat illiterate but polite, concise and though still not in my favor, more than acceptable.

Joseph752
Level 2
Houston, TX

@Mike-And-Jane0 yes I’ve been trying and it blows my mind the lack of communication. It seems ever since AirBnB went public there is more obstacles and the fees are not making it beneficial for guests any longer. 

Joseph752
Level 2
Houston, TX

@Gwen386 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Still suspended and no explanation almost 10 days now! Even the Support team I have called 3 times can verify that no email has been sent from escalation team. Followed up with guest at time of suspension and no problems at all and received another 5-star review!  Calendars on both listings still blocked. 
@Catherine-Powell are you able to help anyway?

Same thing happened to me, it’s been 2 weeks now. I finally got a call from Airbnb to ask me some questions about the “investigation”. From the questions I figured out it was a neighbor complaint. Everything is still suspended and zero resolution or info from Airbnb of course. But turns out a neighbor was upset one of the guests had a lot of kids making noise in the yard, during the day! So he most likely told Airbnb it was some giant party even though it wasn’t, and who knows if/when the account will go back up. I guess your listing can get taken down for any fabrication! Fun times!

@Ania1999 I hate to hear that! AirBnB has been getting a lot of bad press due to parties so it makes all of us hosts guilty by association. At both of my listings I only allow 2 guest and very strict so have never had an issue like that. 

I find it kind of backwards though that they would suspend first and then ask questions. I mean innocent until proven guilty right?! You would think they would communicate and then take action based on the outcome of the investigation.

I had no issues but if someone was just jealous or frightened by media that should not be grounds for suspension. 

With the growing snitch culture and hypoxia among the general population from two years of masks, the writing is on the wall.

Joseph752
Level 2
Houston, TX

Today I finally got an email from customer service telling me my account had been verified and if any reset were in place they were lifted!  Almost 2 weeks of suspension and still no explanation on why. That definitely costs some search results. At least is is back up now and hope to not experience that again!