Super host status

Answered!
Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

Super host status

I wanted to find out how long it takes to become superhost. I met all my targarts and I thought Iwas getting it after this assesment today the 14th January. Now it has been put off untill next assessment in April 2018. Can someone explain how it works.

1 Best Answer
Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I think the assessment runs through and includes the 14th  (because guests have 14 days to write reviews, and Airbnb wants to capture all the reviews for 2017 before making a final assessment), and starting tomorrow the 15th people will start getting their Superhost status.  The new assessment date of April 2018 just means we've entered a new assessment period, but doesn't mean your Superhost status is postponed.  

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

well has everyone who was due their super host status get sorted. 

Steven223
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I got a phone call explaining that I’d misunderstood what the dashboard had been telling me:

14th Jan was the date the medals got handed out.  

Although I’d hosted 10 trips by the 14th, and exceeded the % requirements, the assessment period ended on 1st January, when I had only hosted 8 trips.

They must’ve agreed there was something lacking on their part, as they gave me a $25 travel credit; and provided I don’t drop %ages by 1st April, I’ll get SH then.

hey ho.

Юлия6
Level 2
Tomsk, Russia

Hello, friends! I have this thought about superhost status. Here it is. Basics – the hosts don’t have equal opportunities, depending on the place where they live.
   Some hosts can live in very popular tourist and business centers, like capitals of countries, or other lovely destinations. But other hosts can live in some smaller towns or villages, which are not visited that often. So, the hosts from the first category would achieve their 10 visitors per year much more easily, than the hosts from less popular destinations. But the status of superhost is given to all of them based on the same flat criteria – 10 guests! I think this is unfair. It would be more fair to consider the required number of guests depending on the total amount of visits of all Airbnb guests to that particular city/town per year.

For example, if City1 was visited by 1000 guests during the year (I am sure, the Airbnb system can easily count this, automatically, after some tuning), the status of superhost in this city would be given if a particular host has accepted 10 guests, and if City2 was visited by 500 guests per year, the status of superhost should be given to a host who accepted 5 guests. This is just an example, as I don’t know the real figures, of course. Or, the system can use even more complex criteria, considering not only the amount of guests, but also the amount of hosts in that particular city. The idea is – to award the superhost status to a host who has done a bit better than the other hosts in the same city, but not in different cities. What do you think?

Sounds about right, but. I also noticed it has to do with the people who book and not the house or the host. Below a certain price point (not higher, but below ie a lower price for the area or a discount bargain shopper) and the reviews go lower, they are more rude, bold, berating, and picky, than the others who are grateful for nice things.  The same house is so appreciated and they just love it the very next day by someone else.

Also, these same people will give a lower review saying the house is too small when the square footage is listed front and center of the listing description. I don't think they should be allowed to knock of points on you for something that is listed in the description and they know beforehand; (they have read the description and agreed to the rules is my first rule.  But currently is not a violation.  I think they are just unhappy in life in general.

So true, especially people not being appreciative when they talk you down in price. 

Kimberly178
Level 3
Oklahoma, United States

The assessment for Superhost is on the 1st of April 2018 now. If you have a guest in until the end of that month, it will count towards your next evaluation (due to they have 14 days to respond) and they do not get a notice to review you until a day or so after they leave etc.

Mary612
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have been a host for over a year and have met and exceeded my targets, I have great reviews from all my guests and still I'm not a superhost. 

In January it said I would become a superhost in April now it has changed and said I would become a superhost in July.   

Please can someone tell me why?

Karen1008
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

When I first started the app I made a mistake and left it on Instant Booking.  I therefore had to cancell two of the instant bookings.  I have been blessed enough to have great reviews and would have gained Super Host this quarter apart from the cancellations.  Is there away around this?

Many Thanks Karen

@Karen0 If you had contacted AirBnB immediately you may have gotten some help, but at this point you will not be able to get SuperHost status for 1 year from the cancellations. Sorry...

Karen603
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

This ridiculous competition is degrading and somewhat misleading. Many people beg for 5 stars and put up with bad guests instead of warning others for fear of super host. I prefer to rent only about once a month, so probably will never obtain status. Besides, because of my demographics, I get more bookings on another site where I also have 5 stars. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Karen0 I don't mention the review system or ask for a review from the guests either. It just doesn't feel right to me.

I don't know if you would be interested in attending, but here's the link to a San-Antonio-Host-Meet-Up-July-14th-1-00-pm-Anyone-Interested I am hosting it. If your interested reply to the thread.

Tania245
Level 1
San Salvador, El Salvador

Tengo buenas calificaciones de mis clientes el 90% o más son 5 estrellas pero no he podido lograr el nivel de súper host pues piden 10 reservas qie serian igual a 10 noches reservadas pero la mayoría de los que se hospedan se quedan por más de dos meses algunos hasta 6 meses deberían calificar también en base a los días totales reservados y no solo como lo hacen ahora así se me hace un poco injusto pues si hospedo a un cliente por más de 30 días no me dan la posibilidad de ser un súper host pero a otros que hospedan por 1 noche  a los clientes si lo hacen así no es justo deberían tomar en cuenta los dos a la vez  total de noches y clientes también  espero poder subir aa este nivel en esta próxima evaluación de Airbnb 

Ketki-and-Gunjan0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Same issue! Met all requirements but still no super host status

I was happy enough to reach the Super Host status  last october, but as my studios are situated in Greek Cyclades, the season is very short and we are only open May to October with a peak in July-August. That means that I will automatically loose my Super Host status in January and no chance to re-obtain it before October 2019! So what's the point working so hard when Airbnb doesn't take seasonality into account?

Katie548
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb needs to correct the lag time for Super Host Qualifications and keep it Ongoing on at least a weekly basis, if not a daily basis; instead of being reviewed every 3 months/ Quarterly with a few days before that for processing time.  I actually qualified for current quarter to be a Superhost but because my last 5 star review popped up late by a delayed reviewer on 12/28/18, *a few days before 1/1/19*, all 3 of my listings are left in the dark, at bottom of search results by potential guests, getting minimum exposure; leading to decreased amount of bookings as I am accustomed to in the first few years of being an Airbnb host.

The way the Airbnb system is set up now causes a great loss of income to mamy Hosts and their families who rely on Airbnb as their main source of income. 

We have worked hard over the years to renovate, design, decorate, and maintain our property for guests to benefit from.  But because of this unfair Quarterly Review system, there is an inbalance of exposure for qualified hosts and those unnecessarily forced to wait to be qualified, even though they already do.

Also if there were local Airbnb qualified cleaners/ service providers to aid in our business, that would be appreciated as well. 

Airbnb must really consider altering to a Daily/ Weekly Super Host Review System. The current one is causing Airbnb to loose hundreds of thousands in revenue per day, and for hosts to loose thousands a month! 

Especially with Trip Advisor, Hotels.com, and many other vacation stay online providers to compete with, Airbnb needs to make it easier for all their long time hosts to market their listings, not harder.

Hope they can turn their Superhost Quarterly Review System around ASAP.