Super host status

Answered!
Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

Super host status

I wanted to find out how long it takes to become superhost. I met all my targarts and I thought Iwas getting it after this assesment today the 14th January. Now it has been put off untill next assessment in April 2018. Can someone explain how it works.

1 Best Answer
Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I think the assessment runs through and includes the 14th  (because guests have 14 days to write reviews, and Airbnb wants to capture all the reviews for 2017 before making a final assessment), and starting tomorrow the 15th people will start getting their Superhost status.  The new assessment date of April 2018 just means we've entered a new assessment period, but doesn't mean your Superhost status is postponed.  

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Fran76
Level 2
Córdoba, Spain

I have the same problem 

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I think the assessment runs through and includes the 14th  (because guests have 14 days to write reviews, and Airbnb wants to capture all the reviews for 2017 before making a final assessment), and starting tomorrow the 15th people will start getting their Superhost status.  The new assessment date of April 2018 just means we've entered a new assessment period, but doesn't mean your Superhost status is postponed.  

Thank you for your reply, maybe my super host status starts tomorrow.

I got nothing today.  Airbnb really needs to put an asterick by the stats stating that if it's your first quarter you don't qualify until  the next.  

Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

What is the different levels under your names eg , I am level one and those two other airbnb hosts are level two and three.  

@Teresa199, Those levels are based on involvement in discussions through the Community Centre, rather than any measure of hosting standard.

Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

sorry one is level five not three

Hi - I have the same question about the superhost assesment - so I will wait until tomorrow to see what happens - good luck Teresa - I hope tomorrow will be good news for both of us ! thanks

Martine248
Level 2
Strasbourg, France

Dear Teresa and all,

Your insight is very useful, thanks for that. I had the same understanding as Michael until today, when I realized that I did not get the super host status due to timing. I wanted to share my experience here.

I have met all requirements to be Superhost thanks to hosting activity from September to December 2017. However, the last guest who left the apartment on December 31, 2017 only wrote a review on January 13, 2018. The automatic assessment system did not capture this last comment/review and my status did not change to super host unfortunately. With this last comment which is still relevant for 2017 period, I achieved 80% of 5 star reviews but this was strangely not taken into account. So that means the earlier you get the reviews, the better it is to avoid timing issue...

I am now wondering how I could raise this issue and if there is a specific assistance Airbnb service for that. Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Martine.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Martine (sorry can't seem to tag you for some reason), that seems very strange to me. The assessment period is supposed to run until the 14th so if your guest stayed during December and left the review by the 13th it should definitely be taken into account. I would contact Airbnb to question this.

However, first, make sure you have your maths right. The figure shown on your stats is normally for the current period, not for the last one. Are you sure the 80% 5 stars you achieved relates to the period being assessed, e.g. that it doesn't also take into account any 5 star reviews for guests who stayed in January? 

Also, it's not just the 80% you have to achieve, but also an overal 4.8 star rating, as well as certain levels for commitment, response rate, % of your guests that left a review etc. So, if you are confident you met all of the criteria, then I would contact Airbnb and ask them why you didn't get Superhost.

For hosting, even though I was at the 4.8 level, I was removed from super host status. It was right around the time status was being revised. I called several times because I was at the 4.8 required before and after this companies change up in rating.

I was also told I had to wait until the next assessment. Well, it came and went with no change.

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Balaji-Rao0
Level 2
Hyderabad, India

Dear all

No The logic is wrong.   If airbnb announces that you are eligible to SUPER HOST status on a particular date,  they should announce it on their committed date, irrespective of your last guest writes a review or not.  Any how they kept enough margin of 14 days, and so it is their duty, to announe it on 14th January by doing their homework...  No more or No less.  Instead of guessing, let airbnb personnel come out with the answer, that why they have not done their job on 14th as comitted to some of the hosts.

Balaji Rao BK

Jim-And-Libba0
Level 2
Hillsborough, NC

Perhaps some of us haven’t heard yet due to it not yet being January 15 everywhere in the world.

Cody39
Level 2
Alabama, United States

I can’t wait to reach superhost status. It should be this upcoming period.