Super host status

Answered!
Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

Super host status

I wanted to find out how long it takes to become superhost. I met all my targarts and I thought Iwas getting it after this assesment today the 14th January. Now it has been put off untill next assessment in April 2018. Can someone explain how it works.

1 Best Answer
Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I think the assessment runs through and includes the 14th  (because guests have 14 days to write reviews, and Airbnb wants to capture all the reviews for 2017 before making a final assessment), and starting tomorrow the 15th people will start getting their Superhost status.  The new assessment date of April 2018 just means we've entered a new assessment period, but doesn't mean your Superhost status is postponed.  

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Michael956

The same thing happend to us ... we didn't obtain superhost status the first time when we meet all requriements. The second time, in the following period , we got it. 

Also, we didn't get our dedicated representative and her mail and phone number until we were superhosts for a full year. 

Well, I didn't wake up as a "Superhost", so I guess I'll have to wait.  Airbnb needs to fix this, as they've been promising me Superhost status in January based on my stats.  They should add an asterick or something to denote that you have to wait x number of quarters before you really get it.  

@Teresa199 - you can check your Superhost Status here and where you are in relation to the criteria for meeting the badge: 

https://www.airbnb.com/stats/standards

To learn more: 

https://www.airbnb.com/superhost

https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/271/superhosts

And the levels you see on each profile are, as Isabell said, an indicator of the level of activity and posting that a user does in the Community Forum.  It is also, informally, an indicator of expertise of the poster.  The more a person spends on the forums, the more they learn and understand. The more they post, if they are giving incorrect advice, they will be corrected by other users so that incorrect information is not perpetuated.  You can see what topics a poster discusses by clicking through to their Community profile.  A poster who always offers opinion but not facts may indeed reach a level 10 as easily someone who points to policy, procedure and such.  If you spend time here, you will find a couple dozen or so of really consistent posters and you'll learn to trust the information provided by one or more of them more readily than others - regardless of level.  Stick around and meet some 🙂 

I am in the same boat as Teresa. First time it was timing, which I get. But the January assessment I should have gotten Superhost status. From October 2017 thru January 2018 I had 100% on Commitment, Response and Review; 87% 5-star; and right now I have 78 completed trips. Why on earth did I not get Superhost??????? It doesn't make sense!! 

Winnie24
Level 2
New York, United States

Hello, have you guys received updates regarding your status yet? I am in the situation... Thanks for any updates. 

Davide219
Level 1
Palermo, Italy

Hi guys, 

I 'm hosting since last october. I achieved all targets. I ask to Airbnb help and they found out there is some technical problem. They' re trying to solve it and give me My Superhost status! 

Dear Davide,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I tried to ask for help as well but could not find out how to do this. Would you mind sharing with us how you requested help? Did you get any answer from an Airbnb manager?

Thanks in advance.
Martine.

Steven223
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello all,
I’m not alone then, as many of these posts describe a similar situation to my own.
Until 2 days ago, my dashboard said I was meeting the standard, and that if I still did on 14th Jan, then I’d be awarded Superhost status.

Today, that date has changed to 1st April with no Superhost status awarded.

Emma-And-Adrian0
Level 2
Hobart, Australia

I'm in the same boat. I have contacted Airbnb and they are investigating. I'm hoping they will resolve it quickly as I don't wish to wait until April when we met all the targets months ago.

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I just got it!  I've only been a host for less than 2 months but I met all the criteria.  This message arrived by e-mail a few minutes ago:

Michael, it’s time to celebrate. You’ve earned Superhost status!
You’ve delighted your guests, and we think that deserves to be rewarded. In the year leading up to 2017-12-31, you hosted 18 trips, earned 5-star reviews 100% of the time, and had a 100% response rate with no cancellations.
Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

I just got it!  Only been hosting  for less than 2 months but I met all the criteria.  Just got this e-mail message a few minutes ago:

Michael, it’s time to celebrate. You’ve earned Superhost status!
You’ve delighted your guests, and we think that deserves to be rewarded. In the year leading up to 2017-12-31, you hosted 18 trips, earned 5-star reviews 100% of the time, and had a 100% response rate with no cancellations.

@Michael956, congratulations! We just got ours also!

Daniel1127
Level 3
Boston, MA

I just got my superhost badge too! 🏅

@Daniel1127, congratulations! We just got our also!

Teresa199
Level 2
Northern Ireland, GB

That’s everyone for the feedback and comments about super host status. I am pleased to say I received my super host badge yesterday.