Sweet food

Answered!
Minako10
Level 10
Chiba, Japan

Sweet food

Hello,

Recently, I am working everyday except Sunday...

I feel tired now...thus, I offen have some confectionery such as a chocolate.

What do you like to eat when you are fatigue?

I really love sweet food. especially, fruits and chocolates.

At lunch, I tried to make pan cake with serve strawberry. I was great!

Taking some sugary food, I feel get a power to work or study I think..

However, I focus my attention on to have it too for health...

I look forward to hearing from some opinion.

Thanks

Minako
1 Best Answer
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Minako10   Unfortunately I am a diabetic so am restricted from many of the nicer things… However, my husband who is a very hard working Shepherd will head straight for the ‘sugar hit’ when he is very tired.  I get a monthly delivery of chocolate ‘Batons’ from ‘Hotel Chocolate’ which I keep hidden from him (otherwise he would eat them all in one go) and usually one or two of those satisfies his sugar craving and helps out 😊

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Kate867
Level 10

@Minako10   Unfortunately I am a diabetic so am restricted from many of the nicer things… However, my husband who is a very hard working Shepherd will head straight for the ‘sugar hit’ when he is very tired.  I get a monthly delivery of chocolate ‘Batons’ from ‘Hotel Chocolate’ which I keep hidden from him (otherwise he would eat them all in one go) and usually one or two of those satisfies his sugar craving and helps out 😊

Thank you for your replying opinion.

that's too bad you can not eat your favourite food freely...

Certainly, most of delicious things are included a lot of sugar and fat.

but I can not help taking them.....

I also love chocolate and I have ever eaten kind of chocolates in my life.

therefore I caught a cavity in my mouth...

Thanks,

Minako
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

This topic must be a coincidence @Minako10 ! I found a manual on Saturday from the 19th century that convinced me to try and make some pear drop candies this week.

My favourite are hard candies. Things like drops, butterscotch, lollipops, etc. I also really love nougat, and since this book has multiple nougat recipes I'll be trying that soon too!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

You might like to read about some of the local sweets from my area, @Sybe!

There's an article here about them.  I come from Jedburgh so growing up, and when I went to college, my grandparents would always make sure I had a tin of Jethart Snails!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you for your comments! @Sybe 

It sounds like delicious.

I also really love a variety of snacks such as it because I have sweet things!

Thanks,

Minako
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Minako10 

I love sweet food but I'm trying to be more healthy so I don't eat sweet things as much as I used to.

That being said, my Mum makes a cake called battenberg cake, which is my favourite treat.  She makes me a whole cake, and then slices it into portions, which I keep in the freezer for a special treat.

It can make any bad day into a good day for me!

Otherwise if I need a sweet boost to help me work, I like to have either spiced chai, or a latte with hazelnut or caramel syrup in it.

Jenny

-----

Thank you for your comments @Jenny 

That's right. I'm also considering to have healthy food, 

because I'm scared to be diabetic.

Before eating my favourite snacks, I definitely have some vegetables.

Thank to the habit, I have never been paunch rather than very thin.

Thanks, 

Minako
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Coincidentally, I bought a few Anpan's yesterday @Minako10 😃. I'm a big fan of liquorice , and also enjoy eating caramel sweets 🍬  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Kate867
Level 10

@Jenny  You don’t even want to get me started on Scottish Tablet!  My husband is a typical Scotsman and would literally sell his soul to the Devil for a bit.  I have known him to get into the car and drive to Cornhill, just outside Coldstream to do a bit of ‘bulk’ buying.. a 60 mile return trip! 🤣

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

How could I have forgotten about tablet, @Kate867! It's utterly divine!  I can quite understand his road trips!

Cornhill isn't that far from me, actually, I wonder where he's getting his supply from 🤣

Pre-pandemic, and in a previous role, there were a few talented tablet makers so I got to have it quite regularly... but I don't think I've had any for a year or two.  I'm going to have to change that!

Here's some information on Scottish Tablet for anyone else that might be reading - food of the gods!

-----

Kate867
Level 10

@Jenny   It is the small (and probably only) shop on the main drag through Cornhill.  They do a big selection of pies and pastries etc. and I suspect it is all locally made.  He nabbed the last three bars last time we were driving through!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

I might need to get my sister to have a look when she's passing through, @Kate867, as her shop deliveries will take her through Cornhill!

-----