Syncing two listings

Rosaleen3
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Syncing two listings

can you help me ..... im trying to synch the calenders of my two AIRBNB listings, so that I can avail of the benefits of Instant Book on both.

Is there a way that both calenders can be linked so that a booking on one listing will automatically block the other listing ?

regards

Rosaleen

*Updated Title

8 Replies 8
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rosaleen3,

Lovely to meet you. I hope you don't mind, I have moved your post out of the other thread as it is on a different question and it will make it easier to follow as a new topic.

In terms of calendars, it is possible to sync your calendar with an external calendar, and in terms of your Airbnb listings you should be able to see all your listings availability via the multi-calendar option. As far as I am aware, it is not possible to sync your listing's calendars so they block one another if the other is booked, at the moment I think you would have to do this manually. 

Do any other hosts have any good ways of dealing with this?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Rosaleen3
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie. 

thanks for the reply.

As you know AIRBNB now encouages the use of INSTANT BOOK, to the point of prioritising those listings. 

It is however impossible to use IB on two overlapping listings at the same time, as the chances of getting simultanoues bookings on two listings and being forced to cancel one are too great.

Many hosts have overlapping listings eg letting one or more rooms, and also letting the whole apartment. 

I imagine it would be fairly straightforward for AIRBNB to allow the booking calenders to be synched to avoid inadvertant doble booking . Synched calenders could automatically block the dates on the linked listings, as soon as one of them is booked.

IB is heavily encouraged, but can you tell me a safe wayto use it on both of my listings at the same time .

Couls AIRBNB review this probkem ?

regards

Rosaleen

Hello, 

I am also having the same problem, I am trying to sync two listings and calendars and for whatever reason it is not allowing. 

Can someone help please 🙂 

Only way of doing it is manually.

David
Narivana0
Level 2
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia

That's a pity. It would be useful if one listing for the whole property could somehow be synced with a listing/listings for parts of it, at least when Instant Book is not enabled.

All it would require is for calendars to need syncing both ways, i.e. import and export separately. In that case you could have: whole property blocks part property 1 and part property 2, but part properties 1 and 2 only block whole property, not each other.

Agreed . It should not be too difficult to fix the software to do it. 

I cant understand why AIRBNB does not address this .

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

This should definitely be an option.  I have seen this idea posted multiple times.  Many people would love the option to rent either a room or a whole unit, but can't use IB because the calendars can't synch.  

I would suggest posting it to host voice, where hosts can propose ideas directly to the company.  If enough people respond to it, it is flagged and reviewed by the comany.  Better yet, find another posting and add your voice.  I am not sure if the company merges similar suggestions.

I have posted it to Host Voice in the past, and very quickly the thread gets archived, without being addressed by the company atall.

Theres a new thread on it in Host voice today. Give it a 'like'....perhaps if it gets enough 'likes ' it will get some attention.

It would be soooo helpful to have this feature.