message from airbnb stating that unless I improved I would be suspended??!!

Helen186
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

message from airbnb stating that unless I improved I would be suspended??!!

I am finding airbnb very rude and imperious lately. Just opened my page and found a message that said unless I improved my ratings I would be suspended. WTF? I did have to cancel 2 lots of guests in one property because my property was flooded in the cyclone and I refunded them in full with that explanation (and another I cancelled because of a double booking due to airbnb server problem and not being available to respond - airbnb said they would "fine"me $50.  I am being treated like a naughty school kid.

Of my reviews, 62% are 5*. What has go into airbnb? Are they so desperate for us to perform that they are reduced to threatening us?

I note an area manager had been apointed lately (like Stayz has) - who emailed me to tell me not all my properties were listed (I have 5) - and they actually were. Apart from that I have had constant disconnects due to airbnb server problems (sometimes multiple daily - and my guests had also had trouble loggin into airbnb). I have also had slow slow word texting speed on the guest message box when I need to reply to guests (still not fixed for the last few months). I am getting 50% more business from another accom site. Should I give airbnb the big shove?

Anyone else had the same expereince lately?

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Helen186  Seems like a no brainer decision if another site is better suited for you.