Technical bugs

Maryanna0
Level 1
West Bath, ME

Technical bugs

Hi,

I am rather new to Airbnb and in general, I find it great.  However, one frustration is that there doesn't seem to be any easy way to give immediate feedback when a technical issue is happening.  The last weekend in July, a potential guest was contacting me through Airbnb messaging, but each time I responded, he replyed that the response was truncated, so he didn't get the full communication.  It resulted in his giving up and not booking.  If there is a way to contact Airbnb in such a situation for a timely correction to the technical communication issue, I am not aware of it.  A similar situation has been happening with my last two guests, both of whom reported that they made repeated efforts to email me of their arrival time.  I go none of those emails, and they didn't get mine either.  Since communication is so important to the host - guest relationship, these technical issues are the one serious concern I have about my experience to date with Airbnb.

3 Replies 3
Juley0
Level 3
Danville, CA

Once they have a booking, give them your personal email address and/or phone number. I don't know what you can do about technical problems, it can be very frustrating for both hosts and guests.

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

That is not a technical issue. Instruct guest to go into the app and look at the nessage in their inbox. They will see the whole message.
I try and send a series of short messages as a work around.
good luck!
Katherine197
Level 2
Murphy, OR

A month ago I was told I have a "technical issue" and a special team has been assigned. Nobody can tell me what the issue is and I know there is no special team.  I think Regina has good advice for you. I was cohost and my host dropped me cause I wasn't getting paid and guests weren't seeing my messages.