Thermostat

Linda166
Level 2
Ozark, MO

Thermostat

I have done AIRBNB for 3 years and have loved  most every minute of it.  This past year I have had a terrible time with guest and the thermostat. I do not have a lock on it as it is still my home and  locking it seems extreme. Even guest who are AIRBNB host themselves come in and put it extremely high and extremely low.  i want my guest to be comfortable by all means but it can also get out of control. What are your options?  If I say something one guest gave me a bad review just for that alone.  Suggestions????

2 Replies 2
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Linda166  Replace your thermostat with a Smart thermostat such as Ecobee or Nest. Smart thermostat can be remotely controlled with WI_FI. In addition, you can put a password to protect it from being changed. 

It also can sense the presence of people in the house with sensors. It costs around $200. It is worth the investment.

Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Linda166  I agree with @Alice595 . A smart thermostat will allow you to lock it so guests can not access it. However if you don't want to change your thermostat, you can also purchase a locked plastic cover for it so guests can't access it.