Turning views into bookings.

Answered!

Turning views into bookings.

Hi All

So, my apartment was previously managed for us by an agent and we had som lovely reviews, however the commission level was high so we have decided to manage the apartment ourselves.  We seem to be getting quite a few views and some enquireries but these do not appear to be turning themselves into bookings.  We have no reviews  as new hosts .  Our prices seem ok for our area Edinburgh, so I am wondereing if there is anything we could do better, lower price, discounting.... any tips gratefully received.

Thankyou so much in advance

Strathearn Residence Edinburgh UK

Judith

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What happened to your previous reviews and ratings @Jude56

I do hope you didn't have one of those management companies that put a listing under their own account rather than a hosts?

You are in low season now so bookings will be lower. However if you have set up a new listing you should be getting a new host boost.

Some tips

Look at what others with comparable properties in your area are charging.

Develop a marketing plan to promote your listing to your target customers ie use your own social media, set up a website, invest in PPC advertising, speak to your local tourist board about opportunities to market your listing through their channels etc.

You can also contact large employers in your area and see if they will promote your listing through any accommodation service they have for their employees.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What happened to your previous reviews and ratings @Jude56

I do hope you didn't have one of those management companies that put a listing under their own account rather than a hosts?

You are in low season now so bookings will be lower. However if you have set up a new listing you should be getting a new host boost.

Some tips

Look at what others with comparable properties in your area are charging.

Develop a marketing plan to promote your listing to your target customers ie use your own social media, set up a website, invest in PPC advertising, speak to your local tourist board about opportunities to market your listing through their channels etc.

You can also contact large employers in your area and see if they will promote your listing through any accommodation service they have for their employees.

Hi Helen, unfortunately yes the management company did put the listing under their own account.  if anyone can be bothered to look then if you google strathearn Residence Edinburgh you can see them but otherwise not.  I am not sure wether to say that in my listing or not?

I think my prices are roughly comparable but not sure wether to drop them so I am the cheapest....

Thanks for other tips I will definitely try the tourist board and was going to set up a website,  I hadn't thought of employers that is really good advice thank you!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jude56 your calendar doesn't have any open/bookable dates until 1st June by the looks of it- although it's high season then it is also quite a while off so you might see bookings for then come in over the next few months. 

If you're expecting to be having bookings between now and June then have a look at your calendar settings and open up dates as required.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

Hi Paul

thankyou for taking the time to respond

yes the apartment is only available for the summer this year.

I was wondering wether people generally book at the last minute and I guess that is true.  It is just all a bit unknown so I guess I should just wait for a bit and then look again at prices etc a bit nearer the time.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jude56 indeed, some people do book last-min, some people like to plan rather far in advance- especially if they spot a bargain and want to snap it up- all depends on pricing and the guest mindset.

I am sure that you'll start to see the bookings roll in from March onwards.

Paul 🙂

Guivan0
Level 1
Nelspruit, South Africa

Hi. I am new to Airbnb. I lost a huge amount of views the last week or so? Why would this be?