Two requested bookings at the same time

Robert1579
Level 1
Guelph, Canada

Two requested bookings at the same time

Hi y'all,

I am brand new to this, and am confused by something I am seeing.

We had a woman Inquire about our unit yesterday, and she stated she wanted to stay during certain weekend dates.  She was actually looking to book a whole month, not just the weekend dates stated.  I responded with a couple messages to answer some questions, and in the process someone came along and booked the original weekend dates via Instant Book.  Totally great...

Now, I have what looks to be an un-approved Inquiry on my dashboard.  I have Declined it twice, but it doesn't disappear, and only sends me to the conversation page that claims the Inquiry is Expired.  She literally cannot have the dates she originally inquired about, because of the Instant Booking.  But, I also can't seem to clear the first Inquiry.

Is this normal?  Does the first Inquiry go away eventually?  How does this effect my Response Rate?

Any insight helps.  Thank you.

1 Reply 1
Corliss2
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

So, if the first request was an "Inquiry" as opposed to a "Booking Request," you are good. You responded to the person's questions within the 24 hour time frame. Now that you have an Instant Booking, the system will automaticalll send the mesage of "Expired." The dates requested by the first person are no longer available because they have bben booked. 

It can indeed , be confusing.