Unacceptable Customer Support

Samantha447
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Unacceptable Customer Support

Below I pasted the conversation I just had with the customer support rep. I booked this trip for my birthday, but after a bad car accident in which I was rear-ended by a driver suffering from a heart attack I myself got a concussion and whiplash. My trip was to go snowboarding so I could no longer go, doctor's orders. I called the host and explain what happened and they said a refund would be no problem, but when I got to Airbnb support I was yelled at neglected and denied. I want to be compensated or I will share this with as many public channels as I can. This agent should be fired.

Airbnb Support
MARCH 18, 2019
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support11:42 AM
Hi Samantha!
Samantha
Samantha11:46 AM

The diagnosis of whiplash is circled at the bottom
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support11:49 AM
I can confirm I've received the documentation.
Is your host Moderne Hostel?
Can you please send me the full documentation?
Samantha
Samantha11:56 AM
Yes Moderne Hostel
You don't need the full document
The front page has my diagnosis
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support12:38 PM
I can't see your name on the documentation and also the doctor's name and stamp!
Samantha
Samantha12:40 PM
The doctor's name is on there at the bottom
Dr. Deitch
There is no stamp. This is the report I was given after being discharged from the hospital
This is more than enough evidence for a refund. Any further information breaks my medical history privacy
I demand a refund at this point!!!
You aren't evening looking at the document or you would have seen the doctors name right there under PROVIDERS
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support1:17 PM
Since you can't provide me the documentation I can't refund you.

Best Regards,
Cristian
Samantha
Samantha1:26 PM
This is the document I was provided after visiting the hospital and it includes the Doctor, the hospital, and my name
What else do you need specifically?
This is terrible customer service and if you do not refund me I will post this conversation all over social media
No one should be treated this way after an injury
hello?
Samantha
Samantha1:37 PM
Since you seem to have trouble reading, I've highlighted where the doctor's name is, the date of the report, as well as my diagnosis.

I'll be happy to get my lawyer involved if needed
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support1:40 PM
I told you I can't see the doctor's stamp!
Samantha
Samantha1:42 PM
There is no stamp on hospital reports
Don't use a hostile tone with me - be a professional
Samantha
Samantha1:48 PM
I've taken screenshots of this entire conversation. I plan on sharing it with the public
I've already started posting it
I'm sure you were not trained to be so rude
Airbnb Support
Airbnb Support1:53 PM
Hi Samantha, 

First of all it is not nice to make threats and not conform to the policies, I requested you nicely to send me the full documentation since I can see it has 5 pages. 

Please read again our conversation and probably like that you will see who was rude.
1 Reply 1
Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

Is it possible that by “doctor’s stamp” they mean something to show the document is official, like letterhead or the name and address of the hospital?

Airbnb doesn’t respond to messages here.

I don’t know what communication was like before the texts you posted, but based on what you’ve shown, I think you were the one being rude.

“You don’t need the full document...”.   (How do you know what they need?)

“I demand....”

”Since you see to have trouble reading...”