Unblocking Cancellations

Answered!
Steve196
Level 1
Prospect, Australia

Unblocking Cancellations

I need some advice. I blocked some dates in my Airbnb calender for a booking from another accomodation site. That booking has now been cancelled. Between these two events I have started to utilise the services of a booking service to make sure all my calenders are up to date. My calanders are correct on the other sites but I can`t find a way to remove them on Airbnb, there is no Block/Unblock option on the right of the page as there used to be.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

1 Best Answer
Dee9
Level 10
Moriches, NY

56 Replies 56

@Jamie104 

Before you edited your post it said you have been thru this situation 3x. Then you should know better than to keep cancelling your reservations. It's hosts like you who give the rest of us a bad name. 

Jamie104
Level 1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

There's a million reasons someone might need to cancel a booking, thankfully airbnb are capable of understanding this even if you don't. 

ps. maybe don't go around giving advise if you're going to be so hostile to anyone asking a question, especially when your answer is wrong.

How does one reach someone at Airbnb? Jamie - you said just call and get help. Where do you find a number? I need to unblock dates on my calendar. I'm a newbie. 

Re: Unblocking Cancellations

@Thomas   @Heather

One thing to remember if you can't change a booking (am assuming you saw that this is possible) and you really need to cancel it because of a valid reason - NEVER. EVER. EVER. CANCEL. BY. YOURSELF. WITHOUT. THE. HELP. OF. AIRBNB.

Call them! Now since you didn't know that, I suppose you also don't know how to contact Airbnb:

Go to Hosts Discussion Room on this forum and at the top is a post that has all of the important links for hosts including the different ways to contact them. 

Nadine112
Level 1
Saint Leonards, United Kingdom

I had to cancel a reservation as my attempts to set a minimum number of nights for a bank holiday had not saved, so I had a one night booking for a 3 night weekend. I explained to the guest that if they could stay for at least 2 nights I would not cancel, but they never responded, so I had to cancel the reservation and as it was my first and only cancellation there was no cash penalty. However, what is RIDICULOUS is that one of the options for reasons for cancelling is 'I WAS LOOKING FOR A LONGER BOOKING', meaning the dates are available, but then AirBnB block the dates so that you can't get a longer booking or any booking at all. No sense at all! I can't make any income on a 3 day bank holiday weekend and nor can they. As time goes on I am realising that AirBnB is very user unfriendly. I appreciate people can't be cancelling all the time, but to give you a one time penalty-free cancellation and then to penalise you in the booking availability (without telling you in advance) is very poor practice. The reason for cancelling should be linked to the subsequent availability.

I’m a host. What penalties apply if I need to cancel a reservation?

Because cancellations disrupt guests' plans and impact confidence in the Airbnb community, the following penalties will be applied for host cancellations.

Cancellation fee. The fee will be waived for your first cancellation within a 6-month period. After that, the following fee will be deducted from your first payout after a cancellation. The amount deducted will depend on when you accepted the reservation and how soon before check-in you canceled it:

• More than 7 days before check-in, we’ll deduct $50 from your next payout
  • Less than 7 days before check-in, we’ll deduct $100 from your next payout

Automated review. An automated review will be posted to your listing's profile indicating that you canceled one of your reservations. These reviews can't be removed, but you can always write a public response to clarify why you needed to cancel.

Unavailable/blocked calendar. Your calendar will stay blocked and you won't be able to accept another reservation for the same dates of the canceled reservation.

Loss of eligibility for Superhost status. You won't be eligible to earn Superhost status for one year after your most recent cancellation.

Account suspension. If you cancel 3 or more reservations within a year, we may deactivate your listing.

Unless there are extenuating circumstances, there will be no exceptions to our updated cancellation policy.

For Instant Book hosts only

You can cancel instant bookings penalty-free an unlimited number of times if you’re uncomfortable with a reservation or if a guest breaks one of your House Rules. “Penalty-free” means you won’t pay a fee, lose Superhost status (or eligibility for it), or receive any of the other penalties mentioned above.

You may not cancel reservations penalty-free for any other reason, including reasons that violate our nondiscrimination policy.

To cancel an Instant Book reservation you’re uncomfortable with:

1. Go to Your Reservations and find the reservation you need to cancel
  2. Click Change or Cancel
  3. Select "I’m uncomfortable with the reservation or the guest has broken my House Rules"
  4. Click Next and provide a reason for your concerns
  5. Click Next and write a message to your guest
  6. Click Cancel reservation

Once you complete these steps, the host cancellation penalties for this reservation will be waived, and we’ll help your guest find another place to stay.

If it's within 24 hours of check-in, contact usinstead.

Note: If we observe abuse of the policy, we reserve the right to turn off Instant Book for your listing, and you may be subject to other penalties, up to and including suspension and deletion of your account.

David

Hi there. I have cancelled a reservation by mistake. Can you please advise how can I unblock these dates? I can't manage.

Thank you. 

Wenny1
Level 1
South Yarra, AU

I made mistake for cancellation, can you please unblock 13-15 January?

LetsGo2DR0
Level 2
Markham, Canada

has airbnb fixed this error. /?     they stated can be unblocked,    but the feature is not available .

Is ther any way to get an answer that works?   this forum seems dated.

Is there any reasonable  way to get help from airbnb? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@LetsGo2DR0 I suggest you ask a question that doesn't reference something in this thread that you obviously know but we don't. Then you may get a helpful answer

LetsGo2DR0
Level 2
Markham, Canada

how to unblock calendar?  AFTER airbnb blocks our calendar due to cancelled reservation  ?

this is vital because the airbnb blocks our synchronized global calendar.  This gives wrong message to all other channel partners.

the only solution i see is to disconnect airbn calendar sync.   which may allow duplicate bookings.  

Are their any HUMANs at airbnb that can take responsibility to fix this very damaging issue.

@LetsGo2DR0 Now I understand your question. The answer is very simple - You cannot unblock Airbnb and yes you would have to disconnect other channels to unblock them. 

This is not a software error - It is entirely intentional because Airbnb want to punish any host who cancels a guest's stay. This feels right as a cancelled stay may well have ruined a guest's holiday or work plans.