Unblocking Dates as Guests have left

Ellen112
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Unblocking Dates as Guests have left

I had guests booked 31st August to 5th September,they booked knowing that my cottage was pet friendly,the cottage is always cleaned and my reviews are very good.The guests arrived later than arranged and at 5.20pm 'phoned to say that there was evidence of dogs having been in the cottage and this would provoke an allergic reaction,it was however too late to leave that evening.They have contacted this morning at 10.30 to say they have decided to leave also citing that there were other issues which I would refute as I was in the cottage yesterday myself.They did inform me that their baby has actually urinated on a bed so all that will have to be laundered as will other used linen/towels.I have refunded them the full amount I would be paid as I was not willing to provoke a dispute.The dates however are still blocked on my calendar and I cannot release them,could anyone help?P.S.If you look at my hosting history this  is clearly a very unusual situation for me.

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ellen112,

The reservation must be cancelled for the dates to be released.

I'd contact Airbnb support immediately and advise them that you've already refunded the guests.

They may be able to cancel it or get the guests to do so. One point is to make sure that the guests don't also get refunded by Airbnb when the reservation is cancelled.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I certainly wouldn't have refunded guests in these circumstances, particularly where they haven't cancelled the booking as it has put you at a severe disadvantage. And why offere a full refund, when they stayed a night and then damaged your bedding?

Puzzled as to how you refunded the guests, through Airbnb when the booking hasn't been cancelled?

Call Airbnb to see if they can unblock the dates.

Please make sure you leave them an honest review.