Upstate NY occupancy tax

Lorraine429
Level 1
Lake George, NY

Upstate NY occupancy tax

Hi,  I am new to Airbnb and have realized after a couple of guests that Airbnb is not collecting occupancy tax for me.  After talking to CS I have not got the answer to my question.  I see some people in the area have the tax taken out and others not.  I would like to have my guests pay it when booking.  Can anyone give me some advise?  My house is in Warren county which isn't even listed in the NY county help section.  Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Lorraine429   If you know what your taxes are and AirBnB is not collecting them, you can add them under the taxes section of your listing.

Menu, Listing, Listing Details, Pricing and availability, Taxes, EDIT, Custom Tax collection.

Hi Lorna,

I have gone into the pricing and availability and there is not even a taxes tab.  

Lorraine429_0-1663950821501.png

I needed to add a 4% occupancy tax that Warren county has on the STR, it drove me nuts till I finally got a hold of a customer service rep that knew what to do. That said the best advice I could give you is to call airbnb, there are a bunch of steps you have to take before that tax bracket appears on your account. The call took me a half hour or so and they were able to add the appropriate tax going forward.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Lorraine429   The missing taxes tab surprises me.  I have no solution, because front line CS won’t be able to help either.