We should have a procedure to eliminate the unjustified rating/reviews

Thanh34
Level 1
Chicago, IL

We should have a procedure to eliminate the unjustified rating/reviews

I have problem with the recent guest, Darren* He smoked majorana inside our property even when we listed as a non-smoking property and that is on the home rule. I told him several times about that, but he still smoked and turned off the smoke detector to smoke in the bedroom. Moreover, he turned the music very loud during the night like a party consequently, my neighbors could not sleep and complained me.

A day after, he left and rated me two stars because I noticed him several times to respect the home rule. I have already uploaded the proof of his violation to Airbnb. Do you think it is fair to allow a guest, who violated the home rules and made the host feel uncomfortable due to the uncontrollable guests, rating the host?

The day later, we have a lot of trouble to remove the smell to serve another guests coming. And as a result, they complain about the smell in the bedroom, they cannot sleep there. How can you let that guy coming, violate the house and leave without any consequence while the host and other guests must pay for his irresponsible behaviors? Is Airbnb encouraging that?

I talked with the customer support and he said that you cannot remove the rating and it still harms my overall good rating history.

I think you should have a procedure that can review and resolve the unjustified rates. Otherwise, Airbnb will encourage the uneducated guests who just try to book the rooms and destroy the business of the host.

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

0 Replies 0