What are your complimentary beverages and snacks that you extend to guests?

Rosalind41
Level 8
Abbeville, SC

What are your complimentary beverages and snacks that you extend to guests?

Hi fellow hosts!!!

What are your complimentary beverages and snacks that you extend to guests? How much do you spend on these?

Thanks and ciao,

Roz in South Carolina, USA

39 Replies 39
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Rosalind41  Two bottled water in the fridge are provided for each guest at check-in time. 

That's what we do too for beverages, @Mike1034  thanks!

Jody79
Level 10
Chicago, IL

We provide a pitcher of filtered water in the fridge, coffee, tea and hot cocoa, instant oatmeal, breakfast bars and various snacks such as chips, cookies and granola bars in a basket at check-in. We only replenish between guests.

Wow, @Jody79 , that is very generous of you.  I can't afford that much, but am very impressed!

Wow @Jody79 that's very generous of you!  I can't afford that, but again, I am impressed!  Your guests must love all of this!

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Jody79  Coffee and breakfast are amenities in the listing check list. If you provide them, you can tick them in the amenity list.

@Mike1034 I'd love to offer breakfast, but I live very far away from our rental home.  Something that I've got as a goal.  Thanks again!

@Mike1034 Also, may I ask you what is a 'listing check list'?  Thanks!

@Rosalind41  what I meant is the Amenities list with checkbox at the end of them when you edit a listing.

83B356EF-1E4D-49AF-96CC-ED5FEF50BCD6.png

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Rosalind41 

Maybe $30ish/month? 

We book mostly to families or groups of 4-5. We have about 10-20 booking a month.

I leave a dozen eggs, half of a stick of butter, large bag of English muffins and some frozen food in the freezer (hot pockets/burritos/egg rolls). I might leave beer if it's leftover from a previous guest or if it's something I bought myself and just didn't like. These things go slowly but are often mentioned in reviews even when people don't eat them.  $12 lasts about 3 months 

I also leave a few small packages of mixed nuts or packaged cookies (bought in bulk and stored in a locked closet at the AirBnB).  I might buy mini yogurts for them if they are on deep sale. If I have fruit at home, I will leave them some from my own fridge if they have children in the group but I don't go to the store just for this. These things go more quickly.  $30 total - lasts 1 month

Thanks @Emily487 this info is very helpful.  At this time, we are only getting 2 weekend bookings a month.  I really like your ideas!!!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rosalind41  Your question is too general for random answers to make much sense. What a host provides has a lot to do with the type of listing they have and how much they charge. What would be useful for you to know in order to get an idea of what to provide is what hosts who have similar listings for similar prices provide. I list a private room in my home for 1 guest. If I provided an array breakfast foods for guests it would eat up about a quarter of what I charge per night. I do offer tea and coffee, and they can use my oil, salt and pepper if they are cooking. And there is a big jug of drinking water they can help themselves to.

@Rosalind41 I agree with @Sarah977 . The things marked in amenity list should be  considered in the booking price. What are not in the amenity list are considered complimentary, which should not cost a lot.

@Mike1034 We started out with bottled water for the # of guests, plus a basket of fruit, and a platter of cookies.  

We no longer offer the fruit though.  We have adjusted our nighty rate for f uture bookings and then these complimentary items are more affordable . . . they really make a difference in the level of 'welcome' that is extended to guests as they arrive.