What is your editing process?

Slevin0
Level 2
Portland, OR

What is your editing process?

Hello fellow photographers! Wondering what your shooting and editing process is and why. I shoot bracket, but pick the best exposure from each set and apply my Airbnb preset (NO HDR). I then make minor adjustments (level, brightness, windows, etc). I finish with ensuring the WB is consistent through out the photos.

In my past experience, I've done HDR (Photomatix, Enfuse, and Lightroom HDR) but the colors get muddy (color casts).  For those who do HDR, how do you handle this? When I shoot real estate, I use the flash/ambient blend, but unfortunately Airbnb doesn't allow it.

Also, have any of you outsourced your editing? 

1 Reply 1
Colin261
Level 2
Powell, OH

For image editing I use Lightroom to create HDR images. The current version of Lightroom is much better than the previous.

I usually make a HDR from several exposures but it usually looks pretty dark and crappy but has a lot of info in the file. So I then make adjustments (straightening image, color balance, contrast, highlights, shadows, and some selective brush adjustments in certain areas) to it and get a nice image, without having to do any masking around windows.

However, I still find it is a slow process (I usually spend about 2 hours editing images after each shoot) so I would be very interested in finding way to achieve the same results more efficiently i.e. -in less time.

Anyone got any suggestions?