What property type do I have?

Blair5
Level 1
Kennebunk, ME

What property type do I have?

I am going to list my apartment and am not sure whether it should be listed as shared room or entire place. The exterior door the guests would come in from is the same one I use and it comes into a stairwell with a door at the bottom and a door at the top. My door is at the bottom of the stairs and the apartment is at the top. The apartment is completely private with only one entrance with a lock and it has a kitchen, living room, 2 BR's, and a bathroom. So basically the only shared area is the stairwell that has the entry/exit door at the bottom. Just want to check if that is accurate to list it as an entire place?

Thanks!

Blair

4 Replies 4
Zeke0
Level 8
Ithaca, NY

It's an entire place, just like an apartment shares an elevator/stairs. If you're never in their common areas, then it's completely private and separate.

Thanks!

Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

I am having a hard time visualizing it. Sounds like you have a mother-in-law suite with a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc. Is there another door that a guest goes through to get to their space from the share stairs? When you walk through the stairs, can they physically see you from their let's say living room/kitchen? If not, then it's fully private and you can list it as "entire place "

It is just a plain stairwell with no windows or visibility into my house and once they are in the apartment there is complete privacy. So based off the two replies I'm going with the "entire place." Thanks for the help!