What would be the best option for pictures when you haven't furnished your air bnb yet?

Annelies14
Level 2
Coffs Harbour, Australia

What would be the best option for pictures when you haven't furnished your air bnb yet?

Hello,

I have some excellent photos of our air bnb NOW with the existing lease tenants furniture in it. School Holidays are fast approaching. Would it be best to list now with an explanation that the furniture will be different and then update when the photos become available or wait til photos are available and list in 2 weeks time?

Thanks for any tips and advice.

5 Replies 5

@Annelies14 when are the school holidays?

And are you completely sure you will have the new furniture in and be ready when the first travelers arrive if you list now?

That is the main concern. You certainly can publish your listing now and let people know the furniture will be different later. As a host, though, I would be worried that something might cause a delay. It would be very stressful if your first guest is scheduled to arrive by a certain date and you aren't really ready yet.

Hi Matthew. Thanks for the advice. We have the furniture in the main property awaiting our tenants (family) to move out. I guess you are right though, things do go wrong and it would be stressful if we couldn't come up with the goods. Thanks.

@Annelies14 I did not realize you had the furniture ready to go!

(Some hosts have their furniture "on the way" when they list.)

Then I guess I would wonder: how sure are you that the tenants are going to leave on time?

I was mainly worried about things still being shipped to you. But if you have all you need in hand, that sounds like a reasonable time to get started.

(Assuming the tenants leave in a timely manner, and don't damage anything before they go...)

Thanks Matthew.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

School hols are in a week, right? You will still get booked even at last minute, Coff's Harbour at Easter. No worries.