Why am I not a super host?

Answered!
Steve134
Level 2
London, CA

Why am I not a super host?

I have looked at the criteria and I believe I should have been awarded Super Host in October.

I can't see any 'super host' section in my account. Other people have posted screenshots of a 'host standards' page. I can't find it. 

Please help!

Thanks

1 Best Answer

@Steve134   I ask myself that question all the time:)

Go to Stats.  Click on that link and scroll down it will show you hosts standards.

stats.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

23 Replies 23

@Steve134   I ask myself that question all the time:)

Go to Stats.  Click on that link and scroll down it will show you hosts standards.

stats.jpg

Ange . Can you help me to find phone for this site . I'm new and have many questions 

Hi @Ahmed22   You can use the search area to the right on this forum, type in what you want to look for and a list of posts will appear.     This is the Contact Info

search.jpg

thank you so much! 

Harry22
Level 10
Athens, Greece

Hey @Steve134,

If you are a new host, or it's the first time you are about to be awarded the superhost badge, you will need to wait for the evaluation period to be over. If im not mistaken it's 14 days that Airbnb staff process the superhost condition for all users.

If you satisfy the criteria, you should get the badge by Oct 14th.

I got mine 14 days after the evaluation started (14th of july if im not mistaken).

If at that point, you do satisfy the criteria and still didnt get the status, then contact airbnb staff by searching "contact airbnb" in the forum search form.

Regards, 

H.

Yes I see now the evaluation is 14 October. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

I second what @Harry22 has said : I am in the same situation, but I clearly see in my listing that they announced that Oct. 14 will be the date...don't despair yet!

Johann7
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I don't understand why I was taken off the super host list after cancelling a group due to real mountain wild fire that forced me to cancel for the safty of the guests. If you look into the dates that I've cancelled the guests, it will coincide with the dates of mountain fire that came close to the back of the Lake Arrowhead, where we were told by the fire department that we should evacuated voluntarily. I was not about to subject my guests for the danger of fire in the mountain. Because, they are totally unpredictable.

Please reconsider and reinstate my status as super host.

Thank you

I dont understnd why I lost my Super Host Badge. They said I needed

over 80% of 5 star reviews. Every guest left me 5 stars, yet the Stats say

I had 85% 5 Star.

Should this be 100%? and it's over 80% anyway!!

Maria969
Level 2
Rogers, AR

Hi! I have a concern about the "Suoer Host" Stats; I need 10 but I have 6 stays...but it is because my guests have been staying for two or three weeks! They are business executives.
The rest of my stats are great. How do you measure and reward Hosts like me? 😯
I would love to be a suoer host but my 'stays' are longer than the average.

@Maria969, that's a great point you are raising: much better if Airbnb would set a rule such as 20 days stayed, which you would have easily achieved. so hosts with 10 one night stays can get it, but not you, I understand your frustration!
But let's put it into perspective: Superhost status is something that Airbnb is tempting hosts with, as if it carried some distinction and extra benefits and or "payoffs".  I am superhost, and I can only tell you that perhaps it satisfied my ego  for 5 minutes to look at that little badge next to my profile picture , but really that is all it was/is!
Instead, chasing those 5 star reviews to get superhost status often leads to anxieties and stress in hosts. I see it here every day when hosts get upset about their reviews and star ratings. Makes hosting no fun anymore! I have even seen a post here where a host consciously said that he doesn't even want it, for those reasons.
so what really are the benefits:
1.) supposedly you get through to Airbnb faster when you call in, as they recognize your number. At one time, some said that there was a special call in number for superhosts, I never got it. I also have not had the need yet to call Airbnb. To me, a good host, not to say superhost, knows all the Airbnb rules, is an entrepreneur and takes care of little problems along the way, so how often would one really need to call Airbnb?
2.) second benefit is that after one year of being superhost, you'll get a voucher to use for an Airbnb stay. Yes, I am looking forward to that, but can't testify to it as I don't have it yet.
3.) Some hosts think that guests would pay special attention to superhost status when they book - wrong, most guests don't even know what it is and don't care! they just want the place they selected. So you are NOT losing any bookings or advantages you think a superhost might have.
4.) Also, Superhost status has no influence or advantage in your placement in the listing pages of your town. Maybe it had at the beginning, but not now. One of the major factors for good placement is if you have IB in place, but that's another story. simply put, placement in the listings is not influenced by superhost status.
5.) So it comes back to one's ego, feeling "special" if you have it. I don't want to knock it or be too cynical, but that's about it. In my opinion, to chase superhost status and often get frustrated about it, is just not worth it. Better to just enjoy hosting and not be driven to have to get those 5 star reviews.
Good luck to you - and happy hosting!

@Annette33 Thank you so much! You simply resolved my frustration. Regards

@Annette33 I totally agree with those reasons... By the way, sorry for my ignorance, could you explain what is IB?

Regards

@Sravan0 , IB is Instant Booking: all points to it that that is the future of Airbnb, and sooner than later it will simply be mandatory -  just my prediction, but I'm ready to bet on it...