Wrong payment details entered

Julie368
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Wrong payment details entered

Hi, I am brand new to hosting and have already had some issues with our guests demanding a more comfortable mattress despite having more guests than our listing can take. I have noticed that I entered my PayPal details incorrectly after the guest arrived. I have since changed the details but am wondering how this will affect my payout? Can not see that any money is pending either? 

2 Replies 2
Helena52
Level 4
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Julie, 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. 

First, if your guest is demanding a more comfortable mattress and has extra guests at the listing, go to the Resolution Center to make a claim requesting more money for the services. 

You can do so by the following link: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions 

If they give you a hard time, deny the claim, or doesn't respond after 72 hours (when you open that claim), click Involve Airbnb to see if they could help you request more money. It's not your fault that the mattress is uncomfortable; they could request to cancel the reservation or contact Airbnb within 24 hours of their check-in to find some alternate options for both of you. 

Upon your payout, if you go onto your Account Settings > click Payout Preference > click Add new payout method and enter the new information immediately. 

If you go onto your Transaction History and the payout has been released, you would need to contact PayPal to try to get the money back. Airbnb would not take the loss of the mistake you've entered. 

To tell if the payout has been released, it would be in the Complete Transaction list, the row in black text Transfer to PayPal--- $-----. 
You could control your future payouts by clicking Pending Transaction at the top > make sure to select the correct account you want the funds to go to. 

Hopefully this information can help you. Good luck to your hosting experience 🙂 

Love,
Helena V.
Nicolas292
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

hello Julie

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with paypal. Where you able to fix it? if so, could  you please help me with some instructions?

I appreciate your help a lot. Is kinda a big amount of money we do not want to lose.

Have a good one