accept/decline button not working

Frankie-and-Alan0
Level 1
Totnes, United Kingdom

accept/decline button not working

I can't send an Accept message to an enquirer because the Accept/Decline button on the site does not seem to be responding - I can only send a message saying I accept, but this doesn't count as a proper acceptance. I've turned on Instant Book hoping the enquirer will use it to overcome this problem. Thanks.

Alan

38 Replies 38
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Frankie-and-Alan0,

Thanks for posting this, this does sound strange. Have you tried exiting and then logging in again? I believe they are doing some tests at the moment so it maybe linked to that, if this continues I would recommend you contact our support team. 

Are any other hosts experiencing this problem?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I am unable to decline. The button isn't responding. There is not an option to contact airbnb about software issues. Does anyone else have this problem. I've tried rebooting etc.

Leslie

Jilly0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I also cannot decline a booking.  The Decline button doesn't seem to respond.  I can only message the guest, which doesn't count as a fully declined booking.  Any advice?

Try typing an ACCEPT message on your phone - took me 2 hours to figure that out!

Sarah406
Level 1
Colorado Springs, CO

You said you figured it out? What did you do? The accept button isn't working for me either. 

I'm also having issues with the decline button. I tried logging out and restarting my browser, none of which work.

It's also broken for me. Does anyone have a solution? Is there a number to call? I submitted a note myself but don't want this to reflect poorly on our account/property. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems with this. There are a couple of other hosts here in the CC who have posted about a similar issue. Here is the thread. I wonder could you please take a look and post your answers to the few questions I have there so hopefully we can work out what is happening! 🙂 

Thanks so much, Lizzie 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I have the same problem: The decline button is shaded pink instead of the clickable red. This is making me look unresponsive and thus a bad airbnb host 😞  Clearly, the website has a real bug and problem, given so many have the same issue...

PS: Lizzie above states " I would recommend you contact our support team. " Please inform us how we do that (what email address/site/etc.). Thanks.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tewodaj0,

I am sorry to hear your are experiencing a problem here. I have passed on all of the issues reported here to the team, to me it does sound like a bug. It still appears to be a rather isolated issues as only a few hosts have mentioned it in the CC, so I hope we can sort out what is going on and I thank you for the information you have provided.

On a small note, have you tried clearing your cache on your browser, this sometimes helps. Also, for your reference in terms of contacting the team I recommend you taking a look at the Community Center How To Guides, which were made by a host here in the CC, also if you type 'contact' into the search bar at the top of every page in the CC then there are lots of helpful threads. 

I hope this helps and if you do resolve this please do update us here. Thanks. 🙂

--------------------

Jess6
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi, My accept/ decline button is also not working, same problem described by everyone else on this thread. It has been like this for at least three days now. Please let me know how I can resolve it/ who I can contact about it.

Many thanks,

Jess

Thanks Lizzie for info on how I can get to the support line of Airbnb. 

I ended up--I think--figuring out a way to solve the problem without contacting the support line. Here is what worked for me, arguably only one time, let's see if it will work the second time:

1. You want to decline, and want to choose the reason 'unavailable, block these dates on my calendar', but the decline button for that won't work.

2. Choose another reason, such as 'i don't feel comfortable with this guest'. You'll see that the decline button becomes clickable. Don't click on it, and instead go back to the 'unavailable' option. 

3. This time, the decline button becomes clickable. Click on it. And done.

Best,

Tewodaj

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear @Tewodaj0 that you have a work around for this. I will be sure to direct others experiencing this problem to your post as a starting point, to see if this might work for them in the mean time! Hopefully this might also make it a little easier for us to find out why this might be happening. 🙂

Thanks so much and happy hosting!

--------------------