blocking problem

Clare13
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

blocking problem

hi! i am going overseas and have blocked out my calender...yet every time I check it, there still dates available to book! i have already had to cancel a booking in March, which was very upsetting, as I pride myself on being a good host and work hard at it.  I hated letting the guest down, aswell as losing my 'super host' title for 12 months. I have to check my calender all the time. This morning, there was one date in February, which was available to book. This is a HUGE  problem for me...I cannot trust my own calendar!! There seems to be some kind of booking glitch/virus...any help, much appreciated...and I am Wales, so it is not easy for me to call America. Best wishes to all, Clare

11 Replies 11
Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Clare13,

For now, I would suggest you remove the IB feature from your listing. It's just giving you a headache, for me it would not be worth it. That way when a request or inquiry comes in for days that you have tried to block, you can explain and turn them down. Saves you the stress, also gives you the opportunity to find out how this can happen every time!

For when you are actually away, don't forget that you have the optioon to snooze your listing! That way, you don't have to worry about missing requests/inquiries while you are away and not able to respond quickly.

Good luck!

Babs

Clare13
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

thanks, babs! good suggestion! my problem is that i don't have a smartphone so am worried about being offline and missing out on bookings...but i will definitel 'snooze', whilst i'm away! thank you for your time xx

Orvieto-In-Centro0
Level 10
Orvieto, Italy

This is the Italian community... 

whoops! Sorry!

@Clare13

But you're welcome, anyway 🙂

Giancarlo (vecchio e navigato musicista, fine psicologo e consumato detective, casualmente SuperHost in Napoli) R.S.V.P.
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Clare13,

If you're finding that dates months in the future are unblocked when you don't want them to be you could try changing your "booking window"

This setting can be seen by

goining to your calendar

clicking on "Availability settings" in the balck bar at the top

selecting "reservation settings"

If you set the booking window to, say, 3 months then all dates 3 months from the current date will be blocked.

Remember though that the blocking will move. So if today all dates from the 8th of Feb are blocked, tomorrow the 8th of Feb will be free and dates from the 9th blocked.

If you want dates closer than 3 months to be blocked you can block the desired range of dates manually by selecting the first date and dragging the little 3 vertical bar button to include the last date and then selecting "Blocked"

Clare13
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Steve, that's brilliant advice - thank you! I had already done that, but not updated it for ages, so that explains why that didn't work! I'm so grateful, thank you again!

Siobhan14
Level 2
Strabane, United Kingdom

I've only joined Airbnb very recently but I've had a number of similiar issues, on a few occasions I checked my calendar and that particular day and the following day were blocked out, which I hadnt done and I had no reservations.  As I have my calendar synced to Booking.com and Tripadviser it then shows as blocked there too.  Also I set my calendar to accept booking into any time in the future but it keeps jumping back to only in the next 6 months.  Can anyone explain why this keeps happening?

This is Italian community, sorry... Kind Regards, D. ; )

EcoValley0
Level 1
Pink Lake, AU

Sorry - I know this is the Italian community but airbnb won't let me post my question, which is similar in nature. I am in Australia. I block out random dates (2 days here, 5 days there) when I get direct bookings but when I go back into airbnb they show as available! Please help. Thanks, Tina

Harald9
Level 1
Australia

I had blocked a few days yet AirBnB still allowed a booking to go ahead. Any ideas how dis could happen?