booking

Andy500
Level 1
Saint-Hilaire-du-Maine, France

booking

I came home on Friday to an email saying someone wanted to book and on the email it had a confirm/decline button so I clicked on it and it automatically confirmed the booking when I wanted to decline it and now Airbnb are saying that because I cancelled the booking I will get penalised on the next booking by 100 euros. How is that right when I wanted to decline the booking and can I change this??

5 Replies 5
Ton11
Level 4
Barcelona, Spain

Hi Andy,

Are you sure that you did not click the wrong button?

I assume that you do not have the Instant Book feature activated.

If this is the first time that you need to cancel a reservation, you can contact Airbnb and ask for the penalties be waived. Just call +33 184884000, explain your problem and ask if the penalties cab be waived. If it is a system issue, they can investigate this. If it is an honest mistake, they may help you out.

I hope this helps.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Andy500 

You have instant booking switched on, the guest meets all the requirements to book instantly, so you got a booking. Not sure why you wanted to cancel it.

Just in case you don't get it sorted, respond to the cancellation notice on your listing, explain that you made a new host mistake etc

Below is contact info for airbnb, ring and plead new host ignorance, be nice and they will probably remove the penalty

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245#M5...

Andy500
Level 1

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your help yes instant book was on so I have turned it off but under the information that explains about instant booking it says I won't be penalised if I chose to cancel a reservation. So thats twice they have contradicted themsleves thinking of coming off here!!!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Andy500 

as @Jeff158 said you have instant booking turned on so people who meet your requirements can book without your approval and all the others have to send you a booking request. But if someone instant booked your place then you wouldn't get accept/decline button, you will get booking confirmation notification.

Yesterday I got a booking request and clicked on the approve/decline button on my iPhone and it brought me to the wrong page. I had to log in to my laptop to be able to accept/decline this request.

There is another thread with the same problem, it could be the newest Airbnb glitch. @Lizzie ?

Andy500
Level 1

Hi Lizze, I would have assumed the same that it would be different to a accept/decline but clearly not I did have instant book on unfortunately. Thanks for your help though. Andy